Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

Ag Tire question 312-8

truckin88

My 312-8 has what looks to be the original Armostrong 22x9-12 turfs on armostrong 12x7 rims. Can I run 23x8.50-12 ags? on the rear.

hodge

I have a 310-8 and I put 23-10.50-12's on, (ags) and they fit nicely, and pull great. What I don't know is if the narrower size will work or not on those rims.

canam1991

yes you can that what i have on mine

truckin88

I have a 310-8 and I put 23-10.50-12's on, (ags) and they fit nicely, and pull great. What I don't know is if the narrower size will work or not on those rims.

The problem with 10.50's is you can only run large decks, not really the small ones, as the back wheel hits the rear deck wheels. I had them on the 520 in my avatar with a 48" deck, they worked well. The 312 is using a 37 w/ bagger. I was figuring 8.50 would work well, as I have those on the 120.

dgjks6

i put 23x10.5x12's on my 312. Have not tried the 37 inch deck, but I tried a 42 inch side discharge and the gauge wheels hit the tires. Then I tired a 36inch rear discharge which worked fine.

truckin88

i put 23x10.5x12's on my 312. Have not tried the 37 inch deck, but I tried a 42 inch side discharge and the gauge wheels hit the tires. Then I tired a 36inch rear discharge which worked fine.

this is what I thought would happen and with the 8.50's you would not have this issue, thanks for sharing. I love the 10.50 look, but don't want the clerance issues. on my 520 is looked mean, but the 8.50's look cool on my C-120

Wheel Horse Fan

You also have to remember that different brands are different widths (from what I have seen) I have deestone 10.5s but there not really much wider then some 8.50s.

buckrancher

this is what I thought would happen and with the 8.50's you would not have this issue, thanks for sharing. I love the 10.50 look, but don't want the clerance issues. on my 520 is looked mean, but the 8.50's look cool on my C-120

I have the 23x10.5x12 ag's on my 314-8 with a 42" rear discharge and there's

plenty of clearance