Dan O

WH RAIDER 6 Model OR JUST A WH 12-8 ?

Dan O

I would like to know the Correct Name for This Tractor...I just picked up a 1973 WH 12 HP Tractor with a 3 Speed Manual trans, However,  The DECAL on the Hood just says WH12 8 SPEED,  Does NOT say RAIDER.  My Question is simple, Is it  a RAIDER or Perhaps, has the Hood or decal Been Changed? I get the 8 Speed means 3 Forward and 1 reverse but No RAIDER Name seems Odd to me.  I could NOT fin any WH Pic on line that  is the exact Match. So, Can someone Explain please. Thanks,  Dan O

WH12 DECAL.JPG

WH12 Left Side.JPG

• Like 2

Pullstart

That is considered the era of the “no-names”.  You have a 12-8 speed, or no name 12-8.

• Like 3

Pullstart

And forgive me, :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

ebinmaine

:text-welcomewave:

To elaborate a little further,

From 1968 to '72 is when they had the names like Charger,  Raider, Electro, Commando, etc.

From 1974 for a few years forward is when they used the letter series. A, B, C, and D were the models available. 

Yours being a 1973 is correct. 

A period of transition...

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I get the 8 Speed means 3 Forward and 1 reverse but No RAIDER Name seems Odd to me.  

You actually have 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds with your 12 HP 8 speed  "NO Name"  Wheel Horse tractor.      This is a basic easy to work on tractor that is capable of handling all implements including mowing decks, snow plows, turning plows, tillers, and snow blowers.

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:

• Like 5

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

This is a basic easy to work on tractor that is capable of handling all implements including mowing decks, snow plows, turning plows, tillers, and snow blowers.

But wait! There's more!!

• Like 1

Dan O

If it has  No Name...it  must of belonged to "The Man With No Name"...

The Man With No Name.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

:text-yeahthat:

Excellent reference point

• Like 1

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

WHX??

:WRS:

Achto

:WRS:

1973 was the only year for the no-name models. Nice looking tractor.

• Like 1

Lee1977
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dan O said:

I would like to know the Correct Name for This Tractor...I just picked up a 1973 WH 12 HP Tractor with a 3 Speed Manual trans, However,  The DECAL on the Hood just says WH12 8 SPEED,  Does NOT say RAIDER.  My Question is simple, Is it  a RAIDER or Perhaps, has the Hood or decal Been Changed? I get the 8 Speed means 3 Forward and 1 reverse but No RAIDER Name seems Odd to me.  I could NOT fin any WH Pic on line that  is the exact Match. So, Can someone Explain please. Thanks,  Dan O

WH12 Left Side.JPG

That's the same as the 74 and 75 C-120.  Raider 6 speeds had only one peddle with clutch and brake. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

Dan O

Thanks for all the info guys. one... more question...Should I Need parts, which I obviously will,  I Imagine i wouldn't look for "NO NAME" as a model, So Which Models would be all the same as my 73?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Thanks for all the info guys. one... more question...Should I Need parts, which I obviously will,  I Imagine i wouldn't look for "NO NAME" as a model, So Which Models would be all the same as my 73?

Lee's gotcha covered right up one post.  

A 1973 12 8 is pretty much a C120 from 1974 and 75. 

Whatever you need,  do feel free to ask here or start another thread.  

There'll be things that work for quite a few years. There're parts that are "Standard" to this industry or another. Bearings and seals for example. 

Also, we'll have the experience of knowing who to ask or where to go. 

• Like 1

Achto
8 hours ago, Dan O said:

The manual for your tractor will have all the part numbers listed. You can always cross reference the part numbers with earlier or later models.

Manual.

• Like 2

Dan O

Thank You Very Much for the PDF File, Greatly Appreciated.      "Book 'em DanO"

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1