Simplecity

Raider 12 Stick Shift Assembly

Simplecity
Posted (edited)

Good Evening

Have a Raider 12 that keeps getting stuck between gears.

I have reset the dog point set screw several times, but can't seem to cure the problem. Not sure how worn the hole in the 'donut' on the shifter is (or the dog point for that matter).

Do you have a rebuilt shift lever (part# 5632) and the dog point (part# 1239)? 

Thanks for your time 

Simplecity 

Edited by Simplecity
spelling

wallfish

Call Lincoln at AZ Tractor.

https://www.a-ztractor.com/

Quick shifting does that.

Probably a combination of a worn donut ring and fork "suck back".  A thinner gear oil will probably help too. The quick movement of the fork leaves a vacuum pressure and the fork sucks back the other way. There was a service bulletin about it.

Mine stopped with a new donut ring and snug tighten of the dog point screw.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Simplecity  , how is your trans fluid ? milky? multi colored ?   regularly check my fluids , always fresh / full , like to initially drain out , use 2 qts of hi milage , ATF OIL , for some driving around , also road driving , using every gear . put some hours on that , before draining , also refill thru shifter point  , new shifter boot , lubricate related  , linkages points , no rust , just a suggestion , pete

76c12091520h

Numerous reconditioned shift levers in stock along with new set screws. Private message me , or call/text for pricing and other questions. 

20240513_174131.jpg

20220918_135234.jpg

76c12091520h
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 7:07 PM, Simplecity said:

Good Evening

Have a Raider 12 that keeps getting stuck between gears.

I have reset the dog point set screw several times, but can't seem to cure the problem. Not sure how worn the hole in the 'donut' on the shifter is (or the dog point for that matter).

Do you have a rebuilt shift lever (part# 5632) and the dog point (part# 1239)? 

Thanks for your time 

Simplecity 

See reply above

Edited by 76c12091520h