John c

Hydro brand differences

John c

thanks for the comments and help learning about the transmissons. I picked it up sunday, I posted some pictures in the tractors section.

20240421_131537.jpg

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, John c said:

I picked it up sunday,

Wow, nice 314 and it came with $300 worth of hub caps.    How many hours?

John c

240hrs, original owners son inherited it and had no need for it

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard
Posted (edited)

My Eaton 1100 on my 1996 416-H (1600+ hours) will lift, and drive forward and backward with no warm-up, even in sub-freezing weather. I don't know if this is an anomaly or the way it is supposed to be. After reading about those who have to let everything warm up for several minutes, I would suggest it is the former. I run cheap Walmart brand 10W40, full synthetic in the hydro, and 10W30 (dino) in the engine.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

My Eaton 1100 on my 1996 416-H (1600+ hours) will lift, and drive forward and backward with no warm-up,

I have one that also pumps instantly.  The other three do not.  

Just a reminder,   Wheel Horse recommends  a 10 minute warm up on all Eaton 1100s to prevent any damage>

rmaynard
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Just a reminder,   Wheel Horse recommends  a 10 minute warm up on all Eaton 1100s to prevent any damage>

Hmm, I guess if there has been no damage in 1600 hours, I am waiting for that shoe to drop.

Edited by rmaynard

lynnmor
22 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I have one that also pumps instantly.  The other three do not.  

I noticed that when new the need for time to get moving was much longer.  All four of mine will now move immediately so perhaps some clearance allows the air to be purged quickly.  I still don't work them hard for a period of time, maybe just slowly move them to where they are needed.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

I noticed that when new the need for time to get moving was much longer

Interesting, all mine had over 1K hours when I got them.  The start time doesn't seem to change on any of mine.

Did any of your new ones start immediatly?

lynnmor
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Interesting, all mine had over 1K hours when I got them.  The start time doesn't seem to change on any of mine.

Did any of your new ones start immediatly?

I bought a 1991 new, two others with about 700 hours and another with about 900.  They all have slightly different personalities.  I found that the Castrol semisynthetic high mileage 10-40 works a bit better than the cheap stuff I was using.