Panther416-8

First time attaching a Brinly plow

Panther416-8

Hi all,

I picked up this Brinly plow last year off of CL. I have the manual and I've seen some attachment videos.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I don't seem to be able to get the plow down almost flat on the ground with a 1" space between the rear most portion of the plow and the ground.  It seems like the adjustment of the depth crank should allow it to adjust to that position but I can run the crank all the way until it comes out of the threaded tube and it won't level out. See 1st pic. If I switch the hole that I put the bolt through on the hitch bracket to the lower of the 2 holes then I can get the plow to sit pretty much level on the ground but that is with my red tractor hitch in its highest position. 2nd pic. I wouldn't be able to transport like that.  I didn't assemble the plow, it was like this when I purchased so not sure if something is wrong on thst end. Any help you experienced plowboys could throw my way would surely be appreciated. 

20240407_145620.jpg

• Like 1

Panther416-8

20240407_151547.jpg

• Like 1

Panther416-8

I believe I have it resolved. Put the hitch bracket back like it was in first pic then found out the long curved arm where it attaches totge upright arm of the plow (center of this pic) was frozen. Once lubed up and pushed that connection point, the plow pivoted and now is in proper position when lowered and lifts nicely off the ground when raised.

20240407_155152.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

OutdoorEnvy
Posted (edited)

One thing you might try is the chain link that lifts the sleeve hitch from the rock shaft you can shorten the chain links to lift it higher in transport.  I adjust the length of chain at the rock shaft depending on which implement I have on the sleeve hitch.  Also the rock shaft itself may have different slots at different heights and you can move the attaching chain up or down if you are on the last chain link already.

That adjustment to the cutting depth of the blade should not matter for your transport.  It will some depending on if you have it at max depth.  But that shouldn't be how you adjust for transport.  Play with the chain links to get it right.

Edited by OutdoorEnvy

Panther416-8

Thanks for the reply Outdoor.  I have the chain shortened about as much as possible so it's as high as it will go but now it seems to be adjusted ok.  Im looking forward to trying it once it dries up around here.

20240407_163608.jpg

• Like 1

Achto
5 hours ago, Panther416-8 said:

It seems like the adjustment of the depth crank should allow it to adjust to that position but I can run the crank all the way until it comes out of the threaded tube and it won't level out

If you tighten the 2 jamb nuts together leaving just enough play so the handle will still turn freely, you can make adjustments with out ever needing of a wrench. A pic to show how I have my adjustment handle set up. Been running mine like this for years.

IMG_20240407_193901961.jpg.68086bd35e68e4e28d154f67378394cb.jpg

• Like 1

peter lena

@Panther416-8 did you say that you , LUBRICATED  A CONNECTION POINT ?  watch out  , that might lead you to try that on other saposed to move points , like movement  ease , instead of rust , Pete

Panther416-8
On 4/8/2024 at 8:38 AM, peter lena said:

@Panther416-8 did you say that you , LUBRICATED  A CONNECTION POINT ?  watch out  , that might lead you to try that on other saposed to move points , like movement  ease , instead of rust , Pete

LOL,  keeping it greasy

• Thanks 1