Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

my new d-180

jdog_kustoms

it has sat for about 3 years since it ran i cleaned the tank replaced the fuel line replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the carb. i have also replaced the points an plugs . the motor runs good but only on the right side both plugs have spark and you can feel the air out the exhuast but its cold

COULD IT BE CLOGED INTAKE PIPE OR FROSE VALVE???

JUST CURIOUS DIDNT GET TO GO ANY OTHER TROUBLE SHOOTING TO IT YET HAD TO LEAVE FOR WORK AND IT HAS ME THINKIN HERE AT WORK

canam1991

whats the compression like in the cold cylinder then compare it to the other side. is it even cold after it has ran a bit? :thumbs2:

jdog_kustoms

im gona check compression tommarrow before work but i can feel the cold air out of the exhuast and it might get a hair worm when run for a little but i thought it might be the heat of the engine

canam1991

try rolling the motor over by hand and see if there is a tight spot (other than compression) like the cam flipping over the lifter maybe you have a stuck valve :thumbs2:

jdog_kustoms

ill try that tomarrow

canam1991

i was also thinking i could be as simple as a blown head gasket but compression test will prove that :thumbs2: can you see any smog or smoke coming out of the right side when you speed it up?

jdog_kustoms

no smoke or smog just cold air like an air compressor

canam1991

:thumbs2: how did we make out?

jdog_kustoms

got busy cookin and cleanin house today probely wont work on it till this weekend just got my parts for my 416 so i can mow

canam1991

ok keep us posted :thumbs2:

jdog_kustoms

found it to be a stuck exhuast valve freed and cleaned it up and motor runs good now to fix the leaking rear (case gasket ) then ready to use cant wait

canam1991

:hide: :ychain::ychain::ychain::ychain: :scratchead:

jdog_kustoms

any words of wisdom on the rear

canam1991

well when i put a posi unit in my C-81 i just used permatex silicone (black gasket maker) but thats on a stick but thats not under pressure/ maybe a hydro is different? :scratchead: click here for your rearend manual :ychain:

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/...nualsResultPage

:hide:

pfrederi

Trans case gasket 5999 the hydro motor to case gasket 102759.

If you take the manifold off you will probably need to replace the O rings.

Note I have one of those O ring sets with 1000 rings...none would fit. they are 1/16 cross section but larger diameter than in most sets. Also on the high pressure ports there are back up rings that have a rectangular profile (might as well order them from Toro when you get the gaskets.

Finally there is a special washer on one the mounting bolts (goes into the high pressure chamber). I think it is NLA. I used a copper crush/sealing washer...no leaks so far