giant_g2

Seat pad/top options?

giant_g2

I have a seat on a B-80 that the top vinyl is cracking. The metal pan under it is in great shape. I haven't been able to find anything other than complete seats for half as much as I paid for the whole tractor. I'm not sure if this is even the original seat. Any ideas of where to look for just the top/pad, or instructions on DIY replacement of the vinyl?

20240329_164523.jpg

SylvanLakeWH

I've had a couple where i just painted the base and used it old school... bumpy butt... cheap and it works...

• Like 3

Brockport Bill

cheapest, but not the best solution -- remove the vinyl strip frame edge and clean its inner slot and be sure to save the clip that joins the 2 ends of the edging on front of seat between your legs -- use black gorilla tape to repair the seat vinyl - - take your time cutting repair pieces of tape to fit the contour of the seat -- reinstall the form fitting seat to the steel frame -- folding and tucking the the vinyl seat cloth edges carefully working the vinyl strip edging around the steel frame to re-connect the seat unit to the frame -- You will need to manipulate and compress the foam to its proper contour -- End product should be usable but certainly not like new -- You may also want to visit online sites, or Amazon, etc - - there are vinyl patch repair products sold that have pieces that come in various sizes and shapes or can be cut from sheets -- i believe they are self adhesive -- Another option is local furniture repair shop or upolstry repair shop - - either buy materials they sell or have them do repair -- Also Tractor Supply sells new seats as does Northern Tool etc

wh seat frame rust.jpg

wh seat frame primed.jpg

wh seat frame reassemble.jpg

wh seat primed and cushion.jpg

wh seat repaired with tape 520hc.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

I have a decent seat you can buy at the big show in 2 months for a lot less than a new one.

• Like 2

giant_g2

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll do the gorilla tape for now and look into an upholstery shop in the future. I'd like to avoid getting a different seat if possible.

• Like 1

CCW
Posted (edited)

@giant_g2  Having the same problem I have found a few youtube videos that explain how to redo a seat.  Some fairly simple and some elaborate. This a project in my future.  I am also looking to replace the seat with an old time cast tractor seat instead.  If I can find one that is not stupid money.

Edited by CCW
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, CCW said:

This a project in my future

If you do that please post pics. 

32 minutes ago, CCW said:

looking to replace the seat with an old time cast tractor seat instead.  If I can find one that is not stupid money.

You may want to consider a copy. 

I found a vintage one by accident for very little money that was missing a small piece of steel webbing.  Didn't matter for comfort.  

• Like 1