Sign in to follow this  
Keaton

Tecumseh HT55 spark help

Keaton

I have my 32r lawn ranger and I got new points and concincer, I got it put on and togher and no apart, I even tried toggling the switch and nothing. so I took a few pictures and I will put them on there, I may have the gap off I will also put the link that I bought them from, thanks, - Keaton 

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWBFWSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

lawn ranger points pic.jpg

Keaton

I am going to sand the magnets some more and try to regap the points I am not Shure what else I would need to do

wallfish

New points out of the package have a thin coating on the contacts to keep them from oxidizing. Be sure to clean mating surfaces of the contacts. Verifying the points are making the connection to close the circuit can be done with a multi meter.

The magnetic field of the magnets will pass any rust so cleaning them probably won't help but it's good to have them clean because the gap is small and they shouldn't touch the coil laminate part.

Leave the shut off wire to the switch completely disconnected. That eliminates any possible issues with the wire or switch.

Keaton

I got it figured out, thanks for the help

• Like 1

wallfish
10 hours ago, Keaton said:

I got it figured out, thanks for the help

Posting the solution will help the next guy when this same question or situation comes up again.

Keaton

not really Shure what it was, I reset the points, sanded the magnets on the flywheel and on the coil