DeezEazy

I Need Help Identifying The Model Please!!

DeezEazy

Good afternoon everyone. I picked up this project Wheel Horse basically for free! The Gentleman told me that it’s a Commando 8 as all the ID plates & stickers have been taken off. Well I ordered a commando 8 drive belt guard and it’s not in fact a commando 8 lol. The engine that came with it is a Kohler 181S. I can barely make out the serial and spec numbers on the engine but I believe they are as followed.

Serial # D109685

Spec # 301SD

I’m just trying to order the right belt guard so I can put this bad boy back together ASAP. I figured their will be people on here that are way smarter than me so any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it’s an 855 or 856? Anyway, thanks again for the help everyone! I greatly appreciate it. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zk3upDK2HdfYyPyb8

rmaynard
Posted (edited)

One of my favorite tractors. Here is the owners manual link.

Belt should be a 1576, 1/2 x 70" Kevlar®/Aramid Belt

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

WHGuy413

My son has a commando 8 and my other son has a 856. There is not a whole lot different between them. They are short frame tractors. What is wrong with the belt guard you bought? If it’s too long it could be from a long frame tractor. If it’s took short you could in fact have a long frame tractor that someone put a 8hp on. 

IMG_6797.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2