Sign in to follow this  
Duff

You meet the nicest people

Duff

So, this afternoon I was driving down to visit my Mom who lives about 20 miles away. About two miles from her house I spotted a fellow out mowing his lawn on one of the nicest maroon stripes I've ever seen. From going by before I knew the guy had a beautiful lawn and nice propery, but I hadn't seen him out mowing it. I almost crashed my truck staring at the tractor as I went by, then told myself that with the scarcity of WH's in my area, I just had to go back and meet this man. Turns out he's retired and has a ***mint*** '89 416-8 he bought new. :ychain: Although he's mowed with it every summer since he bought it, the machine is in almost show room condition. He was both pleased someone appreciated the machine for what it is and proud of the way he maintains it (434 original hours, BTW). The Onan was purring like a well fed kitten!

We jawboned for a half hour about the current state of tractor production, the qualities of Horses, and I acquainted him with this Forum if he wants to visit us. So Dennis, if you drop in, :thumbs: and thank you for an extraordinarily beautiful machine!

BTW, he's looking for a "smaller" machine in the 10-12hp range to restore. I encouraged him to visit here and look at our classifieds.

Life is good, but some days sure are better than others - today was one of 'em. Just had to share the moment!

Duff :thumbs2:

tranders

Great story.

Thanks for sharing.

Sparky

Cool story Duff!

Mike.........

Lane Ranger

I was walking in the neighborhood the other night with my wife. This summer I have been mowing my yard and my next door neighbors that has a corner lot on two streets. She has cancer and has been in a hospice all summer.

One of my neighbors (who I am not well acquianted with) shouted out from the porch as we were passinbg, " What do I have to do to get you on that Wheel Horse mowing my yard" !

People do take notice of the those Wheel Horse tractors!

Operator

Nice story Duff! It kind out makes you warm all over doesn't it.

Randy