Keaton

wheel horse 701 hood holes

Keaton
Posted (edited)

I sww there is some holes in the hood of my 701, one is a rubber line and clamp, I don't believe it would be gas line but there the round hood go together there is a bolt that has a clamp on it, and one other hole on the top that could be original, last question, what are the silver pop outs on the front right before the hood curves down. or what would have went in there I will put pictures of it all in there I can only put one picture cause I do not have a credit card so I can not be a supporter, so I can post one of the clamp and the rubber line that is from it, on those 2 front pop outs what were they for they are the silver circles on a round hood, I added a comment on here with a picture of the popouts

701 clamp 2.jpg

Edited by Keaton

Keaton

this is what I mean by the pop outs, what would those have been used for?

front of hood pop outs .jpg

• Like 1

Keaton

and there is just the whole hood upside down 

full inside of 701 hood.jpg

• Like 1

ri702bill

OK - I'll start with the last picture first. Looks like there  are two of those clamp and tube gizmos and they are related to the two plugged top holes. Someone in the past added accessory lights that were mounted in the plugged holes, and routed the wire(s) thru the rubber guides.

At first, I thought the first picture showed someones creative "fix" for the rather commom broken hood-to-grill weld.

• Like 3

Keaton

thoes pop outs look original but they could not be

ri702bill
Posted (edited)

Nope.... Original Owner added, not original from WH........Original lights would have been the now-pricey HL 5 kit.....

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 2