Brooklyn581

Dozer blade

Brooklyn581

Hello. I've been restoring an Electro 12 model 1 7245. The tractor came with a blade and axle attachment but I'm starting to think it is the wrong attachment. I also purchased the 2 inch reciver kit from wheelhorsepartsandmore. When I put the pieces together it doesnt look good. Can someone tell me the correct part needed to make this work? Anyone need what I have and have what I need?

20240305_081913.jpg

20240305_081323.jpg

20240305_081241.jpg

peter lena

@Brooklyn581  part of your issue , excellent time to  do a lubrication  detailing / function on that plow . get 2 milk crates , on the floor , one at rear of frame , other up front just behind STEERING QUADRANT , so is suspended  just line hanging from tractor , that will let you , use the squeeze lever to move the quadrant slide pin , and related arc swing . that being a  54, you will need all the slide improvement you can get , also like the blade end sliders , you might even add springs to those , for smoother sliding . others will chime in on model details . that blade can / should swing with ease . pete

gwest_ca

Will guess you have the early dozer that has the rear A-frame crossbar ahead of the rear axle.

The axle brackets you have look correct for the A-frame and only work with that frame.

Your auxiliary hitch looks to be for the later style under the axle housing mounting but still looks wrong to me.

You do have the wide 54" blade but the A-frame and hitch should be the same.

Dozer DNA of long tractor frame dozer blades

1966-1967 model BD-426 - Fits LONG frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle - replaced by

1968 model 6-1111 - Fits LONG frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1968 model 6-4111 - First to fit LONG & SHORT frame tractors and first to mount under the rear axle - replaced by

1969 model [6-4112 + 6-9621]

1970-73 model [6-4113 + 6-9622]

1973-74 model [6-4113 + 6-9623]

1974 model [6-4114 + 6-9624]

1974 model 6-2131

• Like 1

Handy Don

The forward-facing axle bracket for the A frame locks to the crossbar that extends to the outside of the plow frame. The newer downward-facing one that is part of Parts and More’s product, locks to the frame crossbar inside the plow frame rails. The older bracket is much wider than the newer one, as you are showing.

Your plow frame & bracket will work fine together but are not compatible with the WH P&M receiver unit.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Your auxiliary hitch looks to be for the later style under the axle housing mounting but still looks wrong to me.

He could probably still use the receiver if he makes a couple supports that are sandwiched under the axle bracket and extend back to attach the receiver flange.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The 3/4" eyes appear to be too far forward on the hitch. May be just how the photo was taken.

The cast 3/4 eye in the case is behind the axle housings.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

May be just how the photo was taken.

It just appears to me that if he turns the receiver over and installs it to the tranny lug with the 3/4" pin, the bolting flanges may be at the elevation of the bottom of the axle.

If so, two long flat bars could connect the receiver flanges  to the axle bracket bolts.

gwest_ca

Off topic but what is what appears to be a pipe at the lower right transmission mounting blot in the photo? (left lower frame mounting bolt sitting on tractor.)

Do not recall ever seeing that before.

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Off topic but what is what appears to be a pipe at the lower right transmission mounting blot in the photo? (left lower frame mounting bolt sitting on tractor.)

Do not recall ever seeing that before.

At the blue arrow? Good question!

image.png.19f5802dcffe03530eb8167cbbeafc58.png

gt14rider

Tranny fill tube

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I see it now. Those 4 bolts are not for the frame. They are in the top of the case.

Thanks fellows

• Like 2