Phan

B-100 manual - crank but did not start

Phan

Hi There,

One story to another. 

This happened yesterday, I was about to push a foot of snow.

My B-100 started, then after several minutes later, it died.

Then, it cranked but did not start.

Battery was 12.4 volts.

Light bubble indicated (as usual) between the positive and/or negative pole battery and the celenoid terminals.

What should I do next? Thanks to all of you.

Phan

pfrederi

If it cranks then see if you have 12v at the small + terminal on the coil when you have the ignition switch on. (I guess when you saw light bubble you mean a test lamp.  it should flash hooked to the small + terminal and good ground as you crank the engine)

• Like 1

squonk

- Negative terminal on coil (to points) will (should ) flash while cranking. If positive terminal flashes at all there is a problem with the power feed from ignition switch.

• Like 2

Blasterdad

Is it getting fuel? 

You can check by putting a small amount of gasoline in a squirt bottle, remove the air filter & spray a LITTLE bit into the carb, a couple squirts will do. DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID.

Crank it over & see if it tries to start.

If it fires then your problem is fuel related, track down the problem from there... i.e. fuel pump, fuel filter, float jet, ect. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Phan
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

If it cranks then see if you have 12v at the small + terminal on the coil when you have the ignition switch on. (I guess when you saw light bubble you mean a test lamp.  it should flash hooked to the small + terminal and good ground as you crank the engine)

Yes, I did a light test.

"the small" do you mean the celenoid small nut?

Phan
1 hour ago, squonk said:

- Negative terminal on coil (to points) will (should ) flash while cranking. If positive terminal flashes at all there is a problem with the power feed from ignition switch.

I will test tomorrow.

Phan
22 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Is it getting fuel? 

You can check by putting a small amount of gasoline in a squirt bottle, remove the air filter & spray a LITTLE bit into the carb, a couple squirts will do. DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID.

Crank it over & see if it tries to start.

If it fires then your problem is fuel related, track down the problem from there... i.e. fuel pump, fuel filter, float jet, ect. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I should mention tha that I add seaform 10ml / L.

I did once in January.

I repeated in February two weeks ago, as they said seaform should be added each time when filling gas.

Toda, I also changed fuel fillter. 

953 nut
2 hours ago, Phan said:

it cranked but did not start

Has nothing to do with the solenoid, check for voltage at the ignition coil "+" terminal.

Phan
15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Has nothing to do with the solenoid, check for voltage at the ignition coil "+" terminal.

Thank you !

• Like 1