Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

603 Rebuild

Rogue

I finally started. Not really sure what to say at this point. Just taking things apart and making a mess.

I wont be doing the engine on this as it will be a Christmas present for my father. (He doesn't know, shhhhhh) The engine (Tecumseh HH60) is coming from your own Jim M. Thanks Jim :thumbs:

The 603 carcas and parts came from your own FrankinWNY. Thanks Frank :ychain:

I'm waiting on the gas tank from an r58 donor, a mower pulley and break guard. Frank again :ROTF:

I'm hoping to be sanding, grinding, blasting by Wednesday.

Lot's of photo's to come. Here are a quite a few pics of my endeavor this Sunday.

Taking lot's of pics so I can hopefully get this thing back together. :thumbs2:

Thanks,

Ro

P.S. Oh wait, I know what to say..... !$%@ing Steering wheel!!!!

dscf2474l.jpg

dscf2481.jpg

dscf2482z.jpg

dscf2483a.jpg

dscf2484.jpg

dscf2485q.jpg

dscf2486f.jpg

dscf2487g.jpg

dscf2488.jpg

dscf2492m.jpg

dscf2493v.jpg

dscf2494h.jpg

dscf2495.jpg

dscf2496.jpg

dscf2500r.jpg

tgranthamfd

That's the way to get some real progress. Rip her apart so you'll have something to work on even when you don't have much time :thumbs: Lots of pictures is a good idea, as well. Like reference cards to go back together with. :thumbs2: Keep up the good work. If you need it, ask for lots of :ychain: these guys are great. Good luck with it.

HorseFixer

10-dash 4 on the Pictures and Lots of em! :ychain: I have over 300 each on my RJ and 701 Tear Downs! :hide: They come in Handy to help other members at a later date too! :scratchead:

MikesRJ

Hack and Slash; My favorite part! :scratchead:

Rogue

Well the whole thing is in pieces. The only problem I've run into is yet again... The steering wheel, back hitch and I need to get the foot rests off. My propane torch just isn't hot enough. I'm going to pick up a map tank and see if that doesn't do the trick. If it doesn't.... it's off to the local muffler shop with a case of beer. :hide:

I'll snap some more pics. I have lots more work between now and Christmas.

Ro

Kelly

By the way can you post a few pictuires of the decals on the engine tin?? I have a 603 that I'm going to restore, but there was no engine with it, I have a correct one now but no decals on the tin. Thanks Kelly

bell

Ro, any luck getting the steering wheel off?

Rogue

Kelly - I will take a pic of the engine tin today.

@ Bell - I'll get it... My father is making me up a tool (tool & die). He had an idea that shouldn't damage the wheel.

Thngs escelated fully out of control on this. I'm currently in the middle of chtanging the engine on my son's 654 to an 8hp K181, re-doing the wiring on a 416-8 (That is now ending up my fathers x-mas present) and still tinkering with the 603.

How it got to this point is still beyond me. My garage is trashed and who ever said "soon the car won't be in the pics" wins a cookie. My vette is currently in the driveway :scratchead: But, NOT FOR LONG! - :hide:

After I straighten my garage I'll take a few pics of my hell and the tin :ychain:

Ro

Duff

How it got to this point is still beyond me. My garage is trashed.......

Aaah, Ro....welcome to the Wheel Horse matrix........ :hide:

The addiction now rages onward! :ychain:

Duff :scratchead:

Kelly

No rush on the pics I just wanted them before you strip it and paint and go Darn, I should have taken pictures :scratchead: been there get working and no time for the pictures, till you wish you had them

sorekiwi

Thngs escelated fully out of control on this. I'm currently in the middle of chtanging the engine on my son's 654 to an 8hp K181, re-doing the wiring on a 416-8 (That is now ending up my fathers x-mas present) and still tinkering with the 603.

How it got to this point is still beyond me. My garage is trashed and who ever said "soon the car won't be in the pics" wins a cookie. My vette is currently in the driveway :ychain:

:scratchead::hide:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!

MikesRJ

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!

Apparently you've never seen my craftsman lawn tractor! :scratchead:

Sears Craftsman LT1000

Rogue

Welcome to my H E L L :scratchead:

Before: This is insane!!

dscf2552e.jpg

Anyone need any appliances? You can have them if you get them out of my way. LOL All but the microwave.

dscf2550v.jpg

After: (MANY hours after) At least you can walk through the garage now :hide:

dscf2554m.jpg

Kelly:

I don't think this is what you meant. Unfortunately, other than the EZ Start this is the only sticker left. Sorry, I did try. I have the H60 on the 654. Although I don't know if you can see the decals on that either to be honest. I also have 2 HH60's Any of these help? Let me know and I'll get some detailed pics.

dscf2562m.jpg