Sign in to follow this  
DanKeslar

Attach-A-Matic jammed?

DanKeslar

Just picked up a 520-H w/60" deck. Noticed the deck is shifted to the right. I figure to fix it, I need to partially or fully detach the deck, slide it to the left, and reattach. The problem is, the Attach-A-Matic in the middle of the tractor will not release the deck. The lock is already disengaged. The Attach-A-Matic is slightly open, but will not open further.

So, I want to verify that I need to rotate the Attach-A-Matic lever clockwise to release the deck. True? Any tricks besides pressing the button for the lock?

If the lever does need to rotate clockwise, and there are no other tricks, does anyone have any ideas for releasing this bugger? Do you suppose it's jammed? I tried tapping on it with a hammer, but didn't want to get crazy and break something.

TT

The handle should turn down (clockwise) to release the latch. It might be easier to remove the mounting bolts from the frame and take the mid hitch completely off. Make sure nothing is bent or broken and reinstall it and try again. :thumbs2:

plowmaster

i wonder if the notch on the deck end of the attachment might be pinned tight keeping you from spinning the handle? the notch should enter around the shaft that is the locking pin.