fourwheelhorseman

876 question..

fourwheelhorseman

I’m looking at one tomorrow after work, it needs a battery but I can hear it run. Anyhow, my question is, without a battery I can’t drive it off my truck, so is there a valve to push/ pull twist or nothing to put it into freewheel, so I can push it around my shop once I get it home? 

Blasterdad

Push valve is under the fender on the left side, open it one full turn... some have a slot for a flat blade screwdriver, (no pin like in the picture).

1449833720_SundstrandHydro-Gear90-2046bydavoman1966SS.jpg.3ecd103ee2abdaf29e3b62e41033e71c.jpg.ca2773375443fe937ae6dd8b66d3f610.jpg

Edited by Blasterdad

Ed Kennell

There are three different Sundstrand transmission all with a different location for the tow valve.

The one shown above has the petcock type valve on the top left side.

Another one has a slotted stem on the front left side. They are usually stuck and require removing the left wheel and using a small pipe wrench to break it open.

Another one has a hex head at the left rear. It may require a thin open end wrench ( maybe 9/16) to reach it.

I'm not sure which tranny is in the 876.

gwest_ca

• Like 1

fourwheelhorseman

Gotcha guys, I wasn’t sure if all the sundstrands  had tow valves or not.. thanks!

Edited by fourwheelhorseman

squonk

875 and 1075 had the Hex bolt facing the rear on the left side. It's between the trans and tool box if this help any. 1/2" wrench fits it.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1