Mike'sHorseBarn

Round Hood Rescue

Mike'sHorseBarn
11 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Are you planning on a full blown paint resto on this girl Mike? If so I may have what you need. 

I am planning a full blown resto. She's not in good enough shape to keep original and I haven't painted one in a long time. It'll feel good to get the spray gun out again! If ya got what I need you know I'll be out shoot me a pm with some pics! You know I can pick up in April lol That should give me enough time to get everything prepped, painted and back together by the big show.

• Like 4

WHX??
3 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

shoot me a pm with some pics!

Really ... after I posted on FB i may have what you need I got no fewer than three PMs from dudes looking for a square pan! Do I look like a square pan wholesaler?!?!? I don't give it up to just anybody ya know! :lol: 

• Haha 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Really ... after I posted on FB i may have what you need I got no fewer than three PMs from dudes looking for a square pan! Do I look like a square pan wholesaler?!?!? I don't give it up to just anybody ya know! :lol: 

FB is annoying lol

• Haha 1

WHX??
8 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

enough time to get everything prepped, painted and back together by the big show.

Pssst ... I wouldn't have it ready for the 2030 BS the way I operate...:lol:

Pics of the frames I have & looking at them they are identical except for the hood hinge. Even then the ones with them should have the hole punched for the hood screw. Maybe not tapped but there so all you would have to do is bob off the hinge rod. 

The one leaning on my leg I'm sure was from a 753. Or was the '61s & '62s the only ones with the batt tray welded on? 

20240216_161426.jpg

20240216_161452.jpg

20240216_161342.jpg

20240216_161353.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

@WHX?? Let me mess with my frame and see how nice i can make it. I need to check underneath and see if its cracked at the trans or not. If i dont like it I'll take that early frame.

• Like 1

WHX??

Gonna be honest with ya here Mike... strip the whole thing down to parade rest. Calling it a frame off resto. I'd give ya brownie points just to see if you could get the motor running on a IV bottle. But to me that's down the road.  

Motor we know we can save. 

I  just had two fine upstanding members ask me for parts and such. I says get the tractor strip it down and then we'll  see what i have that you need.

Well just thinkin ahead was another reply. Let's not think ahead and deal with the here and now. The parts are out there. Let's see what she needs first. 

I don't have the tractor yet was one reply?!?!

Reduce the tractor to a pile of parts then start building from scratch ... then we'll see what you need and help you out. 

Works good for a full blown resto...not so much for a mechanical only.  

20200101_174003.jpg

Edited by WHX??

Mike'sHorseBarn
22 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Gonna be honest with ya here Mike... strip the whole thing down to parade rest. Calling it a frame off resto. I'd give ya brownie points just to see if you could get the motor running on a IV bottle. But to me that's down the road.  

Motor we know we can save. 

I  just had two fine upstanding members ask me for parts and such. I says get the tractor strip it down and then we'll  see what i have that you need.

I don't have the tractor yet was one reply?!?!

Reduce the tractor to a pile of parts then start building from scratch ... then we'll see what you need and help you out. 

Works good for a full blown resto...not so much for a mechanical only.  

I'm in process of sealing the tank, already got coat, second coat tomorrow. Then I'll get it together good enough to run it and see how it runs and how the transmission works. I got several 8hp kohlers around so I'm not real worried about the engine. I have a set of 3 bolt hubs sitting around somewhere, just gotta locate them. After I get that tested, I'm gonna strip the whole thing down. Blow the trans apart, the whole 9 yards.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2