Marv

Sand blaster mods

Marv

Being able to see what I was doing has been a problem. I decided to fix that. I installed new lighting, and a dust extractor. I have always had an issue with the sand flowing down off the "funnel" walls too. Fixed that with a vibrator motor. Sure makes use a lot more pleasant. I also worked on the viewing glass. Removed all the original screws holding the trim. Installed Rivnuts and different screws. Now I easily remove the glass for cleaning and installing new plastic shields.

Interior view, lights on.jpg

Exhaust fan.jpg

New lights.jpg

Vibrator.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

oliver2-44
23 hours ago, Marv said:

I have always had an issue with the sand flowing down off the "funnel" walls too. Fixed that with a vibrator motor.

Vibrator.jpg

I need to do that to my cabinet. Can you provide any purchase information. 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Marv said:

Fixed that with a vibrator motor.

Did the same thing to my daughter's crib back in the day. Kid would only sleep when you drove her around at night due to colic. Bolted one of those to her crib and she (and mom) finally got to sleep.

...her crib would wander all over her room at night, but that was ok too! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Achto
9 hours ago, Marv said:

Now I easily remove the glass for cleaning and installing new plastic shields.

Nice mods !!! I have switched to using regular glass on the inside instead of the plexiglass. It lasts longer & the local hardware store stocks it in the correct size for much less $ than plexiglass.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Interesting... a furnace combustion air blower on the exhaust. 

I did many mods to mine based on u tube stuff including  the glass Achto mentioned. Went the other way on the exhaust. Used the exhaust port for the intake.  Exhaust out the back into a cyclone bucket and shop vac. 

Best mod is reworking the hopper bottom to draw media off the bottom. 

See if I can find some pics. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago, planning on doing a lot of the same mods to it that you have mentioned 

7CE7B8EF-8BA4-49EC-86DE-E22D700D0AE2.jpeg

• Excellent 1

ri702bill

There are a bunch of YT videos on common sense modifications for these cabinets. Best one I did was to ditch the supplied blast gun and upgrade to a domestic one....

WHX??

My supplied gun plugs up all the time. Blasted a regulator cover that the paint came off in 1/4 inch pieces and nothing but grief in plugging it. Going to go to a dead man's set up eventually. 

The light... rather hokey but ther is a frosted light cover on it that pops right off and much better. Still warrants an upgrade tho. 

My mod to the bottom end instead of the pickup tube. Me thinks the YTbers got this from $$ industrial units. Works well.. the valve let's a small amount of air to help media to get up the tube. The hopper fitting is a one inch ridgid conduit fitting. I also added a inside blow gun to blow off parts but more so to blow off the door when done. Helps spillage. Bang on the door before opening helps. Tape those stupid  door holes off. They just collect media. 

Wiring just temporary till I get in my lighting groove...:)

20240128_184155.jpg

20240128_184203.jpg

20240128_184212.jpg

20240128_184235.jpg

20240128_184249.jpg

20240128_184307.jpg

20240128_184329.jpg

20240128_184342.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1