Sign in to follow this  
acedog

Removing rear wheel on 315-8 (2005 )

acedog

I'am going to be removing the driver side rear wheel to get to the cluch adjustment. I noticed that there are two bolts that hold it to the axle. My question is when putting the wheel back on do these bolts have anything to do with the balance of the wheel or are they just for fastening it to the axle? ( 315-8 GT 2005 )

C-Series14

If you are just removing the wheel, just remove the 5 lug bolts. The 2 bolts you are talking about are for the hub, one goes against the axle and the other against the key in the axle.

acedog

Thank You

Duff

Mike's right - and they don't have anything to do with balance. These tractors (well, except maybe some of the really good pullers) don't roll the wheels fast enough for balance to become an issue.

If for some reason down the road you need to take the hub off, use a hub puller - don't beat on the hub! One of the very few "weak" points in the 8-speed trannies, which are basically bomb-proof, is the axles are only held in by C-clips inside the differential. Pop one off and you'll have a tear down on your hands! But with a 2005, you may never have to even pull a hub!

Duff :thumbs2:

acedog

Thanks Duff