ANTPER

Mower Deck to side Shoot Adapter

ANTPER

Hello

I currently have a side discharge bagger set up along with the 2 blade deck. on a 310. I just picked up a 314-8 with the larger 3 blade I believe 47"side discharge deck. Is that a shoot adapter attachment I can get to make that side discharge catcher system work? Or was that made cut without a bagger being there are 3 blade. Thanks

Anthony

gwest_ca

48" decks have the rear wheel height adjuster on the left side.

42" decks have the rear wheel height adjuster on the right side.

Both require the addition of a blower if collection is desired.

• Like 2

ANTPER
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

48" decks have the rear wheel height adjuster on the left side.

42" decks have the rear wheel height adjuster on the right side.

Both require the addition of a blower if collection is desired.

Thanks for the input. Guess I just throw a 2 blade deck on it and call it a day.

Handy Don
12 hours ago, ANTPER said:

Thanks for the input. Guess I just throw a 2 blade deck on it and call it a day.

If your 314-8 has 8” wheels on the front, then the 37” 2-blade deck will probably rub against the left front tire on left turns. 

That deck was aimed at tractors with 6” front wheels.

• Like 1

Rick3478

I think Ber-vac (and possibly others) made a trail-behind system with its own engine that would adapt to the 42" or 48" SD decks.  I always thought that was a bit too far to go.  I have a 37" bagger on my 312-H, but didn't used it this year.  It's a lot of extra work and driving to dump the bags every couple rounds.  This year I didn't have time for it and just made extra passes with the zero turn to chop them into fine pieces that filter down through the grass.

• Like 1

ANTPER
On 12/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, Handy Don said:

If your 314-8 has 8” wheels on the front, then the 37” 2-blade deck will probably rub against the left front tire on left turns. 

That deck was aimed at tractors with 6” front wheels.

Thank you for saving me the time on switching decks too learn that the hard way. I've had the rear bagger system on my 310 with 2 blade for years and love it and especially in the fall. I haven't touched a rake in years. This is my first 314. Definitely a beefier set up vs my 310. Guess I gotta keep both. :)

ANTPER
On 12/14/2023 at 6:13 PM, Rick3478 said:

I think Ber-vac (and possibly others) made a trail-behind system with its own engine that would adapt to the 42" or 48" SD decks.  I always thought that was a bit too far to go.  I have a 37" bagger on my 312-H, but didn't used it this year.  It's a lot of extra work and driving to dump the bags every couple rounds.  This year I didn't have time for it and just made extra passes with the zero turn to chop them into fine pieces that filter down through the grass.

Yes I agree that's way over the top on effort using a catcher. I'll just park the 314 in my garage grab a drink and just sit there look at it. ;) effort

• Like 1