OoPEZoO

522xi info???

OoPEZoO

So.....I have an appt to go check out a 522xi on Thursday.  Only has 229hrs on the clock and has only been used for snow blowing.  No mower deck available, but the 2-stage snowblower is currently attached and included.  I've seen the front axle pivot conversations, and its not really concerning to me to fix if I need to.   Also read about pulling the motor/shrouds to make sure the screens are clear for proper airflow.  Is there anything else any owners could point out that that I should get eyeballs on while I check it out?  Had a nice conversation with the current owner tonight and it sounds like it just needs some general maintenance/TLC.  I already have an agreeable asking price, just looking for any heads ups on things, as I'm assuming I will be bringing it home.

If all goes well, the long term project goal for this one will be building a FEL for it.

• Like 5

Pullstart

I think you’ve got it all figured out :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

OoPEZoO

It was almost too big to get on my 5x8 utility trailer...haha.  Wow, its no wonder everyone refers to these 5xi models as beasts.  It seems like every bracket on it is 1/4" steel.  Tires are a little dry rotted, seats a little cracked, needs a wash/buff, and it needs a general once over maintenance checkout, but I am very happy and so was the retired gentleman I purchased it from.  More importantly, this all but guarantees that we won't get a heavy snow storm for the next decade.

IMG_2818.jpeg.bee8b8ee93a7f1216983960c80d8f3bc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Lost Pup

The power steering much be a big help with that monster snowblower hanging over the front.

OoPEZoO

Project #1......those somewhat dry rotted tires are actually full dry rotted tires.  I have one front and one rear that don't hold air for more than a few days.  I have some extra 20x8x8 sitting here that will go nicely on the front, and ordered some 26x12x12 Kenda Terra Tracs for the rear.  All will be tubed and fluid filled.  Hopefully they fit without modification, but if they don't, project #1A will be raising the rear tub.  Probably won't have time until the weekend, as the Wifey wants the living room finished painting before Christmas guests show up and I'm kinda running out of time there :D

Probably time to start a thread over in the mods category.  This one is going to be fun.  This tractor rocks

Edited by OoPEZoO
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1