fourwheelhorseman

Three piece seat questions..

fourwheelhorseman

I have two three piece seats, one on a parts 160 auto ( that one has armrests) and the other is on my running tractor, anyhow I’m gonna restore on of the seats and was wondering what did WH use for the original adjustment knob for the seat back? 
 I’ll most likely sell one of the pans along with the armrests… I have no idea of the value of these items. It seems to me 20 years ago when I was messing with these machines that the armrest brackets were fairly valuable. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

A few pictures would help this post to get a better idea of what you have.. :wwp:

Edited by Retired Wrencher

fourwheelhorseman

Here’s the photos, basically the seat pan and armrest brackets are the only thing of any account. The right bracket has been slightly bent .. but nothing major.  The seat springs would be included. I’ll most likely sell these and put that towards getting my other two piece seat recovered. However I have no idea of what to ask for these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

fourwheelhorseman

I can’t upload any more photos, but the seat springs are there as is the wiring for the safety switch .

ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

I can’t upload any more photos, 

Consider becoming a Redsquare Supporter.  

It helps keep the site going and you get unlimited pictures.  

1 hour ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

However I have no idea of what to ask for these.

Perhaps @76c12091520h Brian might have a thought?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

If the upholstery was in like new condition you could expect to get $ 350 or more for the set, in the present condition I doubt that people will be lining up at our door to make offers.    :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

fourwheelhorseman

All that’s going to be sold is the pan and the armrest brackets.I suppose it’s not taking up much room and ain’t eating nothing, I might as well keep it.  I’ve read somewhere that the c160 auto was the only tractor in that lineup that came with the armrests. Is that true? If so, I wonder what the reasoning was behind that? Too much clutter with the lifting arm in the way and having to flip the seat arm up to enter the tractor? Just curious..

Edited by fourwheelhorseman
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

All that’s going to be sold is the pan and the armrest brackets.I suppose it’s not taking up much room and ain’t eating nothing, I might as well keep it.  I’ve read somewhere that the c160 auto was the only tractor in that lineup that came with the armrests. Is that true? If so, I wonder what the reasoning was behind that? Too much clutter with the lifting arm in the way and having to flip the seat arm up to enter the tractor? Just curious..

I don't use tractor seats with armrests but I am not sure they would come far over forward enough to be in the way of your elbow using the hand lift lever.

I'm only taking an educated guess here... It's possible it was an option limited to what the executives felt was the top of the line model for that year.  

• Like 1

Darb1964
40 minutes ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

I have a c160 auto with that seat, I don't like it to be honest,arm rests always in the way. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

arm rests always in the way. 

That's why I don't use any seats with armrests.  Seems I'm always trying to avoid them.  

• Like 1

hcminis

Tonytoro416

I wouldn’t sell mine for nothing.  I always wanted one with armrests.  I restored this one and love it. 

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

fourwheelhorseman

kpinnc
8 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

I restored this one and love it. 

You did a heckuva nice job on that too! Very nice!

• Like 1

Tonytoro416

I can’t take all the credit though. Matt Castano   Upholstered the cushions and arm rest. Think that’s how his last name is spelled.   He has done a few for me now and he is awesome 

• Like 1

hcminis
On 12/10/2023 at 7:23 PM, fourwheelhorseman said:

That’s odd, in my original paperwork for my 1974 C160 the knob looks more like the one that is on the mule drive.

Zoom in to this picture and you will see that I recently installed an NOS knob on my tractor which only had a bolt and washer on it. 

IMG_9370.jpeg

• Like 1

fourwheelhorseman
On 12/17/2023 at 11:03 AM, hcminis said:

Zoom in to this picture and you will see that I recently installed an NOS knob on my tractor which only had a bolt and washer on it. 

IMG_9370.jpeg

Zoom in on this and let me know what you  see..maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

image.jpg

fourwheelhorseman

That picture came directly from my owners manual.

image.jpg

• Like 1

hcminis
On 12/18/2023 at 4:11 PM, fourwheelhorseman said:

Zoom in on this and let me know what you  see..maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

image.jpg

I have never seen that type of knob on a 3-piece seat.  The only knob I have seen is the one on my seat.

• Like 1

TractorEd

I have the same manual with the same photo, but my tractor has the 3-spoke knob.

I saw a 3-spoke knob at TSC the other day that looks very similar, but may be female instead of male.

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 1

fourwheelhorseman

I’ve also seen the 3 spoke knob as a norm now that I’ve been looking around some. I wonder what’s up with the knob that is shown in my owners manual? Could that be an early simple demo model or a one off? Things that make ya go hmmmmm?

• Like 2

hcminis
18 hours ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

I’ve also seen the 3 spoke knob as a norm now that I’ve been looking around some. I wonder what’s up with the knob that is shown in my owners manual? Could that be an early simple demo model or a one off? Things that make ya go hmmmmm?

I think you hit the nail on the head with "Simple demo model".  Wheel Horse had several pieces of literature that would show one thing but the end design and manufactured product would be different.

• Like 3