Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

everyone likes pictures....

plowmaster

i got it running just fine, there was a small problem with the pedal switch, new coil out of the cj5, cleaned up the points, new plug and a massive carb cleaning. the tractor hasnt run in ten years, the fella oiled the motor before storage. fired right up and ran like a top to full idle, then back down without a skip, without even setting the carb. the old deck had a bend in the front anti scalp wheel, and someone had cut the back of the deck out. didnt make for good up and down travel, and i have a fairly new deck to go on. stole the parts off the charger 12 for the attach a matic.

th_101_3437_01.jpg

pretty stout hitch that im sure was built for use with the plow.

th_101_3459.jpg

aww, the poor charger is now a doner. i need to do some work to both the motor and the tranny, so i figger ill steal some of the better parts for the bronc.

th_101_3440_01.jpg

extra deck i picked up with the donor raider 10, ID?

th_101_3443_01.jpg

any help IDing this deck? got it thrown in with the deal.

th_101_3456_00.jpg

heres the one off the bronc. no ID on this one either. ill be willing to part with these old drive system parts.

th_101_3463.jpg

out with the old, in with the new.er. had some problems with the belt coming off the front before dinner, but i think its due to a slight dent in the return pulley on the attach a matic.

thanks for looking.

piecrazy4

will you part with the old deck and drive parts ? i have a deck like that on my 1056

how much if so

plowmaster

yes i would like to get rid of all of it...not sure what its worth though. id like to get rid of everything that drives the deck, i have two complete systems. one drive, the cast arm has been welded and one pulley has bad bearings. i could proly put a good set together with the belt for 50 bucks, the other id take 25 for. maybe thats too much? i really have no idea, im just going by the fact theres a new blue kevlar belt, and enough pulleys to keep me from running to the store for parts....thats worth 50 bucks to me anyway. not sure what it would cost to ship either.

too bad nobody is as interested in this thread as i thought they might be, there was some questions buried in there. i really have no idea how to find the model of the decks, plus im willing to let alot of parts go to folks here on the forum. i want to part everything off the raider 10 minus the tranny. id ask away on the yahoo groups but its a pain to use.

i want it all gone!

thank you for your intrest.

plowmaster

202 views and absoutley no replies. very discouraging.

Duff

202 views and absoutley no replies. very discouraging.

Don't be discouraged. We have a ton of members now, so our "readership" numbers are climbing. The right guys just haven't seen the post yet - they will! A lot of folks are on vacations, traveling, and such this summer. Heck, even I, who am a faithful [read] reader have been away for a few days. I just don't have the answers you need. :thumbs2: Be of good cheer!

Duff :thumbs:

TT

th_101_3440_01.jpg

extra deck i picked up with the donor raider 10, ID?

th_101_3443_01.jpg

any help IDing this deck? got it thrown in with the deal.

The first deck is probably a 5-1422 or similar unit. It is definitely 1969 or newer because of the height adjuster style.

The 36" SD deck is for a lawn tractor (vertical shaft engine) from the mid 70's through the early 80's and could be a 95-36XS00 or similar unit. It can actually be modified to work on a GT if the correct center spindle/pulley and mounting carriage are used.

plowmaster

thanks terry, very much appreicated.

anyone need any parts off these please feel free to ask.