Ian928

Snow blower lift rod attachment cut?

Ian928

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngIMG_3951.jpeg.239683386753813de1d9e034dd1e0562.jpegIMG_3952.jpeg.88290b261064e06054cc3cf886e170c8.jpegWe are refurbishing a ST-375 snowblower that came with our 1054. We are missing everything that is needed to lift the blower. I suspect that the little rod on the blower itself has been cut off? Am I correct? And, does anybody have a picture of how this should look? Seems to me the lift rod is very close to the ground, I understand this might be necessary to be able to lift the blower, it is surprisingly heavy!

Edited by Ian928

ri702bill

Ian - you are correct, the lift engagement point for the lift has been cut - at about 45 degrees, The original would have continued on for another 45 degrees at the same radius, then straight for a short length, cross drilled for the cotter pin.

Download the OM manual for this implement - it will clearly show you how it was.....

gwest_ca

No illustration in the manuals for the hook. Still looking for one.

Flat washer is 5/8" SAE type

Cotter pin is 3/16" diameter.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The photo on the cover of this operator manual is the best I can find.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I no longer have a single stage blower to get a picture.   Someone should be able to get you the photos you need to build the lift parts.

I do remember when I had SS blowers, It was easier for me to install the flag to the rock shaft first, then slide the push tube on the flag and then fasten the blower end. I used a 3/16" bolt and nylock nut to hold the rod to the blower.  It was much easier than using a cotter pin.

Racinbob

I just took this picture but now I'm not sure it will help much. This is a tall chute and from what I remember it's different than the short chute I had. More than likely due to the age difference and not the chute setup. :dunno:

1853994126_SnowblowerLift.jpg.e0a23aa70bc0783c02bcde0c3b4eae03.jpg

• Thanks 1

ri702bill

Good timing!! Here is the one from my 1963 32 incher...

P1010188.JPG

pfrederi

Short Chute

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ian928

Perfect pictures! I understand I can simplify this by welding a short rod to the cut part I have, that 90° bend is really not needed?

pfrederi

I think you need the bend to make the pin perpendicular to the ground the lift rod has to push against the down part of the pin

• Like 2