AHS

79360 snowblower bearings

AHS

Ok! Is that picture a concentric bearing? That you take a punch to and pound it clockwise to tighten it up? I lost the set screw.. and i just wanted to be sure it was tight. What the size of the set screw? I just wanna make sure that the snowblower is all ready for this upcoming winter!! 

0441B825-650C-4EA0-80AC-176E5727FE14.jpeg

ri702bill

Not from what I am seeing. Just a simple two setscrew locking ring.Unless you drill and "dimple" the shaft, the setscrews WILL raise a burr on the shaft, making removal a challenge....

• Like 2

gwest_ca

If the collar is a separate part and not part of the bearing inner race it is a eccentric lock that requires it to be turned in the direction of operation before the screws are tightened.

This ensures the shaft cannot turn inside the bearing inner race.

• Like 4

peter lena

@AHS  notice  different types of bearings ,  end seal  , if you are luckey enough , to have rubber side shields , great opportunity to do a clean out and RE GREASE , hi temp / stress Lucas grease . bearing failure is due to generic lubricant / cost  at make up time . eliminated all my bearing failures , with new bearings , and lucas  550 degree green grease . just a suggestion if your bearing is not metal sealed , would also get a specific drive chain lubricant , lots of blower related improvements , makes them spin with ease . Pete 

• Like 2