Ed Kennell

Pa. Hunter Dies In Tree Stand

Brockport Bill
6 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Then this headline a few years ago.          Three Hunters Die on first day of deer season.       A truck driver fell asleep, crossed into their lane hitting them as they were driving to camp.  :(

likely the headline writer is 20 something - - right out of a Ivy League college full of "Save the World" propoganda and with no worldly knowledge except what was "taught" to them by their professor - - and the headline writer likely grew up in an upper middle class subdivision loving Disney movies like Bambi -- who believes hunters are evil - -oh yeah and maybe vegitarian

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

WHX??

On the good news flip side shooting accidents involving hunters have been on the decline for a few years now. Credit to required hunter safety courses. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
On 11/28/2023 at 4:11 PM, pfrederi said:

Coyotes are natural part of natures balancing

Agree to disagree. Especially in places like where I live- they were artificially introduced where they never thrived naturally. I'm sure it was a good intention, but it wasn't well thought out. They target livestock, spread disease, and have attacked both children and adults on many occasions. All in the name controlling deer population. The same concieved result could have been achieved by raising the limit for hunters, and only adult deer would have been affected. The cure in this case caused more harm than the disease. Of course on paper it's deemed a success...

The coyotes here around my house run in a few large packs. They put on quite a chorus at night, and are brazen enough to come right up to my back door. They certainly spook our animals, and my neighbor's cows. Hopefully our donkey is able to keep deterring them. 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3