Manuel

44” snowthrower 06-44sc01 issues

Manuel

Hello, just purchased a used snowthrower, researching info, I believe the belt should be 64.5 inches. Please can anyone confirm? Thanks. 
The gearbox between the augers was dry, I put in gear lube and it started to leak from the right side so I will order 2 seals, pn 7-0045 , now I see another gearbox where the chain is located, my question= is there a way to drain the oil and refill without having to remove the box from its location? I see I can remove the cover but there’s like a drain plug but is located in the bottom making it hard to refill from there. Love my 520h, I’m the original owner and it has been a great tractor for sure. Thanks for your time, I’m new here. 

gwest_ca

Drive belt 116332 (HB x 64.50" or 5/8" x 64.5")

• Like 1

Manuel

Thank you.

cleat

Mine has an L565 on it and it fits fine.

Manuel

Thank you.

gwest_ca
10 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Drive belt 116332 (HB x 64.50" or 5/8" x 64.5")

Since you will not find belts in fractional inch lengths I checked Gates and Napa and they recommend 5/8"x65".

Sometimes they round up and others they round down. I know they will have checked the fitment.

• Like 1

Manuel

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered an OEM from toro, called a few dealers and none had them. Would you by any chance know if there is a service book one can get so I can work on this attachment? Toro dealer told me to go to toro.com and all the info is there but it is not, there you can find parts list and how to use their products. Trying to get info in the gearbox that the chain rides on. Thanks for your help.

gwest_ca

Here is everything we have on the 06-44SC01 model

• Like 1

wallfish
On 11/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, Manuel said:

now I see another gearbox where the chain is located, my question= is there a way to drain the oil and refill without having to remove the box from its location

Those Peerless gearboxes are filled with grease, not oil. You will need to pull it off and remove the plate to get access for removing the grease and re packing it full

• Like 1

peter lena

@Manuel  agree with @wallfish on the grease replacement , would also verify the temp range on that , especially  on the cold side , for easiest  protection . also check for movement  gain / verification as you do this service . using the belt connection area as your movement start . found numerous , issues /  hang ups in any , belt driven unit . just don't take for granted that its all going to move easily . also like SUPER LUBE , liquid synthetic on related cables , connections , etc. excellent cold weather movement . local hard ware store $ 6. brought a 44" back to life , was frozen with neglect , good luck , Pete