Sign in to follow this  
tomkatohio

Carb Linkage -Kohler Command 12.5

tomkatohio

I recently bought a 312-8 from the estate of my deceased nextdoor neighbor.  He used it regularly and had it serviced at a local Wheel Horse dealer.  I'd like to get it running again.  The engine is the Kohler Command CH12.5S - 1935.  When I got it, the fuel pump and carb were bothe removed from the engine and parts left in a box.  I'm not sure if I have all parts and I haven't been able to find a good diagram showing how the carb and linkage parts fit together.  I also noticed that the small low-tension spring that is on part of the linkage (shown in first photo) has broken so I need to know that part number if possible.  Hopefully someone can provide a couple photos showing the proper set up of all parts.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_3970.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

tomkatohio

Thank you - I think this will definitely help with settings.  Now need to find that spring!  

tomkatohio

Thank you JoeM - The diagram gives all the parts but I need to know what hooks up where.  I just have the loose parts.  I'm thinking the broken spring that is hanging from the bracket in my first photo would be Part #14 in the above diagram - even though the spring drawn in the digram looks much shorter.

JoeM

I believe that spring hooks into the carb throttle close to that dogleg linkage. It keeps tension on the linkage to keep the slop out. I would bend another end on that one with needle nose pliers and use it for now. 

My son has a CH on a WH and if I get over there soon I can take some pics of how it is hooked up. 

Stay tuned. 

Edited by JoeM

tomkatohio

Thanks Joe - any photos would be appreciated.  I saw a older 310-8 at a local small engine repair and stopped top take a look.  Setup was much different from mine.  

JoeM
20 hours ago, tomkatohio said:

any photos would be appreciated

here are some pics

image.png.8037e8b9df5b61d650b33b77f77d0f00.pngimage.png.871c46caefe151ff4b2ecc18722a05e3.pngimage.png.3e47fb0426bce368bf207273aed3cc0e.png

• Like 1

tomkatohio

Thanks Joe - These will help.  It looks like there was a newer Walbro carb installed at one time.

I also found the part in the 3rd photo in the box.  I'm not sure what this is

IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3991.JPG

JoeM

@tomkatohio it looks like some stuff is missing. the air cleaner base I don't see. That lever I believe is for the choke and attaches to the air cleaner base.

image.png.f4665dbfdbdf7249821ab5329c74aa60.pngimage.png.cd889411c0b8101010832f3a1a50a13e.png

image.png.89a7258a66af8b94ccb0c145cf237843.pngimage.png.b4a66b5368f118c0ce8162dd4568bafb.png