WHX??

Richard's new to him A-60

WHX??

Right ... prolly wouldn't been a problem if not for the danged mice but the support is not very thick ... 18 guage at best may be 16.  

The front cover doesn't do much as far as support.  

• Like 3

WHX??

Funny thing here guys ... missus comes into the shop tonite.

Her ...Why you working on that it's not even your tractor.

Me... Because I enjoy it

Her...Well there is another one sitting out in the rain 🌧 you need to fix and sell. 

Me...Yep that ones wet and this ones dry.

Her... well don't you think...

Me... shut the door on your way out heats on...:lol:

• Haha 5

Racinbob

And thus ends this thread................:laughing-rofl:

• Haha 5

WHX??
6 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

And thus ends this thread................:laughing-rofl:

Not quite Bob ... we have yet to have fun. 

Took the fuel meter apart Richard just for drill. Now I know you are a old ET back in the day ... tell me what this resistor is in ohms.  No cheating and Googling it. Shush up you other clowns...:lol:

20231108_204700.jpg

• Haha 1

Racinbob

I kinda figured Mrs. WHX might have put you in the ER after that post. I guess she hasn't seen it yet.

Oh, the resistor. I had to do the little jingle in my mind again bit if I haven't lost everything and I'm seeing the colors correctly I think it's a 30k ohm 5%. Am I close?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Achto
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

I'm gonna throw this ball in  @Achtos court. 

I like option "C". Make a bracket out of some 12 or 10ga, can be welded or bolted. Might be able to hide it enough so that it is not noticeable. Maybe trim the bottom of the tower and tuck the bracket in the inside, floor mat will cover what is on the floor?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Shush up you other clowns...:lol:

So much for that BOB! :angry-jumpinganger: It was Richard's quiz. Now he's gonna look at your paper and cheat. :naughty:

9 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Am I close?

No idea I'm way out of practice. I'd have to Google it...:hide: So much for my days as a interior communications electrician. I cross rated to engine man. :lol:

I can't really even remember the jingle. I think it's Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly?? Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, White ???

• Haha 3

Racinbob
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

So much for that BOB! :angry-jumpinganger: It was Richard's quiz. Now he's gonna look at your paper and cheat. :naughty:

Oh Crap[! Sorry about that Jim. Ya quoted me when you asked that and I guess I got cornfused and thought it was directed to me. :wacko:

• Haha 3

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

I like option "C"

I do too. Good job for you when I'm on safari. I'll get you some dims. Yes floor mat ain't much but still usable and would cover it. 

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Richard just for drill. Now I know you are a old ET back in the day ... tell me what this resistor is in ohms. 

:confusion-confused:                    I just got up and fed the cats and you are asking me something like this     :eusa-think:      Let me have a cup of coffee and think about this, It has been sixty years since I went through ET school but I remember the Mnemonic that was used for the resistor color code.  Bad Boys R@pe Our Young Girls But Violet Goes Willingly Get Some Now!

Resistor Colour Chart Improved' Mug | Spreadshirt

Bad            BLACK                     0

Boys          BROWN                   1

R@pe        RED                         2

Our            ORANGE                 3

Young        YELLOW                 4

Girls           GREEN                   5

But             BLUE                      6

Violet         VIOLET                   7

Goes         GRAY                      8

Willingly    WHITE                    9

Get           GOLD                      5%

Some       SILVER                   10%

Now         NONE                      20%

Soooooooooooooooo, doing the math we have    ORANGE = 3,   BLACK + 0,  ORANGE = 3K,  and GOLD = 5%      becomes  30,000 ohms +/- 5%

Bob wins the prize           :confusion-shrug:            what is the prize?

• Excellent 2

WHX??

Excellent Richard... the coffee cup & chart is extra credit you get an A. 

34 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Bob wins the prize           :confusion-shrug:            what is the prize?

Bob gets a C- for raising his hand out of turn. His prize is getting to work  on your tractor! :lol:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Here we go Dan. I think a guy should go in with a cut off wheel and remove the rusted cracked piece. L bracket  can go to the inside and face forward. The two bolts can hold it down & a couple of bolts to the support.

A center triangle gusset is optional but not required. The cover holds it from moving front to back. 

Bodda bing bodda boom done.

Support can cover the whole thing after Richard finds one of those cool light kits NOS. :lol:

20231109_092937.jpg

20231109_093006.jpg

Angle is 85 deg. 

20231109_093519.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
10 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Support can cover the whole thing after Richard finds one of those cool light kits NOS.

Now that Sylva @SylvanLakeWH knows about the light kit I will probably have to stand in line behind him to get one.

• Haha 4

WHX??
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Now that Sylva @SylvanLakeWH knows about the light kit I will probably have to stand in line behind him to get one.

Let him have it. Thinking a nice pair of well placed bug eyes for those twilight love cruises... :)

Tires are here...

20231109_123107.jpg

20231109_122759.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

11 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Let him have it. Thinking a nice pair of well placed bug eyes for those twilight love cruises... :)

Nah... I gotsa dorky headlamp... NOS light kit is all yours!!! I'm betting there are uhm, none...? As is said often, surely made of unobtainium...

Nice new shoes!!! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??

Tubes for the front came in today too. 

And I quote

On 11/6/2023 at 5:33 PM, WHX?? said:

Standard TR13 valve stems on the tubes. 

Wrong stems... these won't work ...TR87 stems for when the hole is in the middle of the rim. 

We can run them tubeless ... your call Richard.

We would need something to the order of THESE

20231109_153522.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Sad 2

953 nut
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Tubes for the front came in today too. 

And I quote

On 11/6/2023 at 6:33 PM, WHX?? said:

Standard TR13 valve stems on the tubes. 

Wrong stems... these won't work ...TR87 stems for when the hole is in the middle of the rim. 

:hide:             My bad.  Got the correct ones coming your way, should be there when you get back from the safatie.

2 - 4.10/3.50-5 Inner Tube TR13 Valve Stem 4.10-5 11X4.00-5 - Picture 1 of 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

safatie

:laughing-rolling:

You want to try and return these? 

Done the same thing many times when ordering. Ordered deck bearings and didn’t double check the numbers. Good thing they weren't high ticket items. 

Paint drying on rims as we speak. 

20231109_191848.jpg

• Excellent 4

953 nut
4 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

You want to try and return these?

The return shipping would probably be near what I paid for them.  Just give them to someone who can use them, or find a real skinny kid that wants to go tubing on the rapids.                image.jpeg.9730a751367c18d8cc7959d1755de220.jpeg                       :ROTF:

• Haha 6

uglyblue66

where did you git the tires from?

My A-60 will need 2 fronts , and i think i only have 1 5 inch rim ,i may have to cheat and use some 4 inch rims I have handy until the chance comes to find a 5 inch 1.

Thanks for this thread as it will help me alot to get my A-60 going being able to come to this thread and look at pics. The deck scatter shield thingy is gone off my deck. My plastic control panel is also gone. which means regardless of how well i get the rest of the machine fixed up, my dash will be metal and not "right". but not many of these around so maybe I can park a few machines down from 1 that might happen to show up where i am!.

So am I reading this right that the batterys in this machine are like group 27 size or so? my Elec traks use batterys that are group 24 size cases.

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, uglyblue66 said:

where did you git the tires from?

My A-60 will need 2 fronts , and i think i only have 1 5 inch rim ,i may have to cheat and use some 4 inch rims I have handy until the chance comes to find a 5 inch 1.

Thanks for this thread as it will help me alot to get my A-60 going being able to come to this thread and look at pics. The deck scatter shield thingy is gone off my deck. My plastic control panel is also gone. which means regardless of how well i get the rest of the machine fixed up, my dash will be metal and not "right". but not many of these around so maybe I can park a few machines down from 1 that might happen to show up where i am!.

So am I reading this right that the batterys in this machine are like group 27 size or so? my Elec traks use batterys that are group 24 size cases.

Let me know if you need any measurements or pics. Mine is complete and factory correct.

Here are the marine batteries i put in (Costco) and the NOS ones that came with it. Yes 27.

image.jpeg.b98d96d4658d752df7a948cfb20d22b7.jpeg

image.jpeg.ee3aedbeb4ae602b377f55d43320ab36.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut
14 hours ago, uglyblue66 said:

tires

Here is a link to the tire dealer I used.     Ebay has several sellers also but by the time you price the tires and shipping from GIGA i8t is the same as the Ebay "free shipping" sellers.

https://www.giga-tires.com/15-6.00-6/power-king-tires/turf/tirecode/LWW25

• Like 1

WHX??

I can vouch for the quality. Orginals are 2 ply these are 4. Very stiff sidewalls. Gonna be fun to mount. 

• Like 2

uglyblue66

well I have 3 group 27 agm batterys that I could use in the A-60! that is GOOD news!

didn't know they would fit in there as my other electric machines will only accept 24's.

• Like 2

WHX??

Back from safari Richard and all tubes are here so will get my nose back to the grindstone and get a roller again. 

Any progress on the column bracket @Achto  ? 

• Thanks 1