RED-Z06

I heard Boomer is closing shop

RED-Z06

Not good for onan folks...with him out and ISaveTractors dropping their onan parts.

• Sad 1

Handy Don

Ouch. Boomer was a good source. 

Desko

Little red barn on ebay seems to have a pretty good selection of aftermarket onan part's. They recently brought out connecting rods for the 18-20hp since they are nla from cummins which is nice. I've used a good bit from them with no complaints.

RED-Z06
11 hours ago, Desko said:

Little red barn on ebay seems to have a pretty good selection of aftermarket onan part's. They recently brought out connecting rods for the 18-20hp since they are nla from cummins which is nice. I've used a good bit from them with no complaints.

Only problem ive had with them was i bought a homelite 330 saw ring set they listed would fit my 330.  I painstakingly tore that saw apart and...nada, rings wouldn't fit the piston or cylinder.  They said ohh yeah you need a piston and ring set..so i ordered that, didn't fit, too big.  So now im like $75 into useless parts, and they were like...it should fit.  I found a nos set of rings on ebay, put them on the old piston..ran fine.  LRB offered nothing, no return, refund, explanation...nothing.

Ive used a few of their stihl kits with 0 problems though.

Desko

That's ashame to hear. Hopefully they've gotten better? I'm wondering if that's why isavetractors dropped the onan stuff because LRB picked all the onan stuff up and stopped them from doing it? 

RED-Z06

Im told he has resumed selling in some capacity, his site only has a phone number and email address with no further info.

lynnmor
1 hour ago, RED-Z06 said:

Im told he has resumed selling in some capacity, his site only has a phone number and email address with no further info.

That is all that he ever had, I believe he enjoys personal contact rather than digital commerce.  I hope that he continues for a long time.

RED-Z06
32 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

That is all that he ever had, I believe he enjoys personal contact rather than digital commerce.  I hope that he continues for a long time.

Apparently he abruptly stopped selling stuff 2x this year due to health reasons but is back at it.  I used to like the 1 on 1 communication but over time ive grown to really enjoy e-commerce where i can just look for what I want and order it.  Its faster 

BairleaFarm
On 11/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, Desko said:

Little red barn on ebay seems to have a pretty good selection of aftermarket onan part's.

Ive gotten a few things from them and have been happy.