Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

need help with new bronco 14

plowmaster

very complete she is, right down to the cig lighter. complete from what these novice horse eyes see anyway. got a bit of a problem and think its proly a simple fix, as i said, its a complete machine.

ive got no spark, and no power to the starter from the key, with the battery charger hooked to the solenoid. ill turn the lights on, along with the electric clutch, and both will come to life with the key in the acc position.

one thing i just thought of, do i need to depress the clutch? will that give me no spark though? i might seem like an idiot because i havent checked that, but i needed to get home for breakfast, and i just thought of it. there was also some kind of broken switch, witch was disconnected, next to the hydro lever, down on the bottom part of the steering pillar.

i turned it over jumping to the starter, i would think i would see spark just doing that, correct? whats an easy way to get sparky so i can hear her run? id like to just get it running to see where i should go next.

i may have paid too much if i cant get it running, i got a rolling raider 10 (only want the tranny) three complete decks with slight rust thru, complete plow, chains and an extra set of rims and tires. ill more than likley be selling off parts from the charger and raider to offset the cost of getting both the bronco and the 416 running, i just want two complete running horses for both winter and summer.

pics are commin! thanks in advance for any and all help. if any more info is needed just ask away!

kpinnc

Broncos were only made in 1971 and 1972- but the two year models had very different ignition types.

If your tractor has points, it's a 1972 (and a better system). The 1971 models used what Kohler referred to as a "solid state" ignition with only a trigger module and a strange looking coil mounted to the flywheel shroud. You can convert this system to the 1972 version (points and conventional coil) rather easily, as I am doing mine now.

TT squared me away with how to do this, and I'll post again when it's finished.

It may be easier to help you out if you can specify the type of ignition you currently have.

Kevin

jpmcleod

KPINNIC,

I have a Bronco with the electrinic ignition and I am having a field day trying how to rewire the thing. It appears you may have some experience with the ignition and I need some advise. Can you e-mail me at jerry.pugh@fldfs.com with the wiring instructions or explain the wiring to me. I do not want to burn up the electronic coil pack. The stater has three wires, toe of which goes to the regulator. Then ther is a third wire comming out of the regeulator. Where does it go. The stater has three wires comming off of it that I have no idea where it goes. There is no key iginition on it, only a off/on toggle switch and a push button for the starter. If you can be of some help, I really appreciate it. Maybe I would be smarter to change it. l

jpmcleod

Also I have another e-mail address at home: topdog1225@yahoo.com.

Thanks Jerry