Ian928

Will this snow thrower fit a 1054

Ian928

Will it fit? Can we make it fit relatively easy?

Thank you!

IMG_3731.jpeg.6bfcf5e57575e510066a0014451e17d4.jpegIMG_3732.jpeg.e4900750b9bed01a378d1f6ea8996744.jpegIMG_3730.jpeg.1e873a1bb98cdccb87e07ddc1b6fecad.jpegIMG_3729.jpeg.66c28b3774b7387be53b39fc9c41c6d3.jpeg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I don't think it will fit. Post all the numbers on the data decal. Can see it in the first photo left side below the chute.

• Like 2

Ian928

I will ask the seller for the info. We have the original blower that can be used for parts, but it is not in a good condition like this one.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
24 minutes ago, Ian928 said:

Will it fit?      No,  that blower is for a vertical engine tractor.          Can we make it fit relatively easy?     Easy, no.    Anything is possible if you like to cut, fabricate, and weld.

You would need a longer jack shaft to move the  drive pulley to the right to align with the engine pulley.     Also need to fabricate the mounting support and a belt clutch/tensioner assembly.

Thank you!

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, Ian928 said:

We have the original blower that can be used for parts,

If you have fabrication and welding skills there is no reason it couldn't be adapted to work with the blower and mounting hardware you have.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

If you do decide to adapt it to your horizontal engine tractor, make sure the rotation direction is correct.     I am not sure if they are the same.

Looking at the auger and rethinking,  I believe they are different.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

Ian928

This is the serial number as written to me from the owner: 

id nr. 06365l01 5 0326 v

Is it possible to get some information from this?

• Like 1

Handy Don

IMHO, you’d be much better off spending your time to get a blower that already fits. Adapting that one is not trivial and involves not only the mount/lift mechanism but also re-doing the drive line.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Just a guess on the model number

• Like 2

Pullstart
19 hours ago, Handy Don said:

IMHO, you’d be much better off spending your time to get a blower that already fits. Adapting that one is not trivial and involves not only the mount/lift mechanism but also re-doing the drive line.

I agree, but the market in Norway isn’t as saturated as it is here… so creativity might have to win.

@Ian928 we’d love to see pictures of your project!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

@Ian928 we’d love to see pictures of your project!

:text-yeahthat:

Many of the most interesting projects I have enjoyed seeing on Red Square have been from our European members. Working with what you have available and being innovative has inspired many fine builds. I too would like to see @Ian928 make this adaptation of nonconforming parts into an implement to be proud of.

• Like 2

Handy Don
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I agree, but the market in Norway isn’t as saturated as it is here… so creativity might have to win.

Well noted. That’ll teach me to look at profiles more often!

• Haha 3

Ian928

Hello again, sorry that I did not respons earlier. We decided to restore the original ST-374 Snow Thrower. We used a chemical dipping bath to remove rust and paint, then all parts received two coats of epoxy then two coats of red enamel. We renewed all bearings and made a Lifting flag and rod.

It was mentioned how people in Norway have been using ingeniuity to cope when it was hard to get spare parts. The snow thrower had at one time had its small wheels replaced by aluminium skis (of course, we are Norwegians after all!), we tried to fit those but the skies only made the thrower try to climb on top of the snow, so we found some small wheels instead. The thrower is working wery well, with the correct speed it will throw the snow really well.

We now need to find some snow chains for the rear wheels.

IMG_4047.jpeg.bf9d21b772abd4d90141ab5fd8d69d5a.jpeg

IMG_4071.jpeg.e96888054e44f65f1cf7bac5b9aeface.jpeg

• Excellent 4