Keaton

what would be the best bigger tractor to get

Keaton

i was thinking about it and i was thinking in your opinion what would be the best "big tractor" like a famall, IH or something elese. i would look for something with a 3 point, but i want your opinions 

i thought about a cub, low boy or IH 140, but leave your anwsers- keaton

oliver2-44

It really depends what you want to use it for. A Farmall 140 or Ford 800 or Ford 2000 is a good general utility tractor. 

• Like 1

Darb1964

I had a cub farm tractor and it was a very capable tractor and sipped fuel. I now have a Kubota 3010 H 4+4, I bought new in 2000 its awesome and also easy on fuel.

• Like 1

T-Mo

If you want a 3 point, probably Ford or Ferguson.  3 points didn't show up on the older Farmalls, IHs, Cases, JDs, etc. until a federal judge allowed the patent to expired on it in the '50s.  Avoid home made 3 points as the geometry may be off a bit.

Pullstart

Land size, intended use, front assist requirements, etc, will dictate the perfect tractor for you.  Luckily there’s all kinds to choose from!

• Like 1

JimSraj

Certainly depends what you’re going to be using it for.  That said I have a B2620 Kubota with a FEL and 60” belly mower, and 4’ tiller that has been a great tractor for my uses. I mow about an acre and a half with it pretty much weekly if not more. Very dependable machine. Easy on diesel too. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Keaton

i would not use it for like plowing i would prive it around and mabye push some snow with it and move trailers 

ohiofarmer

just go to some old iron tractor shows. You will know it when you see it. Dad had a Super C farmall. even those had hydraulics in the center that would operate mounted cultivators.. If you found such a rig, it may be possible to use the cultivator hardware to mount a belly scraper. Dad had a Woods mower brochure in his files, so that would be a belly mower as well. He wound up buying the original 7HP Cub Cadet instead

TonyToro Jr.

We have a Ford 8N perfect for what we use it for. Plowing the garden, brush cutting towing around a trailer. Etc

ClassicTractorProfessor

My opinion you can’t go wrong with a Farmall, but it depends on what you intend to use it for, if your usage requires 3 point then there are better alternatives out there. I love my little 1949 C, it’s just the all around perfect size for mowing, pulling hay wagons, and moving feeders around our small farm. 

97260B01-3C41-4AF8-A891-ACE9A11150ED.jpeg