carlosking450

Original fuel pump

carlosking450

Good morning everyone, I currently have an electric fuel pump installed on my Kholer engine. When I restore the engine I changed the membrane on the mechanical pump but it still didn't work. I would like to get it back. Do you know if anyone sells them repaired or new? I thought that The little valves that act as a non-return valve don't close properly or something, thank you!

• Like 1

c-series don

Then-now-auto.com has rebuild kits. I have used them more than once and they work great. Plus super nice people that you can actually talk to on the telephone! 

• Like 3

wallfish

Yes, the check valves are very important to proper performance. Most mechanical pumps don't need a new diaphragm unless it's torn or has a hole in it. The mechanical arm has enough force to move a stiff diaphragm.

Vacuum pulse pumps need a pliable diaphragm because it relies only on the pressure/vacuum pulse of the crankcase to move it.

Either type require good sealing of the check valves to keep the fuel flowing in only one direction. Bad check valves allow the fuel to flow back and forth in the fuel lines. Even good external check valves installed on each side of the pump can work or improve performance of a weak pump. 

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 4

carlosking450

Very thanks

Wheelhorse#1

I think a good way to test them is to blow, suck through each end of the pump, flow one way- to carb but not the the other. Bring on the jokes. 

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Haha 4

953 nut
16 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

suck through each end of the pump

Build a Safety-FIrst Culture

Be sue you don't have any gas in the pump

• Haha 1