ML3

2 more added to collection!

ML3
6 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

strongly concur with not riding up or down ramps--just not worth the risk. I’ve seen tractors slide sideways off slippery ramps.

That said, I am a proponent of having a running tractor power itself up or down if there is safe and adequate traction. The winch is a great backup idea for non-runners or steep/slippery ramps--slow but sure!

(Other posters have noted that an 8-speed Wheel Horse in 1L gear will climb a tree if it has traction!)

I agree with you. That's why I'd rather just slowly winch them up. Being in garage slippery shouldn't be an issue. I'll probably use some sort of folding aluminum ramp?

I believe that about 1L on the 8speeds. 

drodg33

Beautiful tractors....

• Thanks 1

WheelHorseNut

Wow, those are gorgeous!  You did the right thing -- bought some beauties!  I have three that all need some level of restoration.  haha

As far as the ramps go, I built one to go into my work van out of some 12x4's and 4x8 sheet of plywood.  I never ride them up, though.  In the case of my gt14, I let it creep up the ramp and into the van -- that tractor will let you do that. Same thing with out, creep mode.

I generally find, with non running tractors like my B80 was, I can push or pull them up, no problem.  But, a winch is definitely the way to go.  It would make things easier for sure.

Speaking of more tractors, if I didn't think my wife would kill me, there are 2 near me for $150 take all that I want to get.  They don't run as they've been sitting, but we all know the drill on that.  Honey, I'm home....I brought, err ummm I mean bought some new 'friends' with me.  :D  Yeah, she'd kill me. lol

• Haha 2

ML3
4 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Wow, those are gorgeous!  You did the right thing -- bought some beauties!  I have three that all need some level of restoration.  haha

As far as the ramps go, I built one to go into my work van out of some 12x4's and 4x8 sheet of plywood.  I never ride them up, though.  In the case of my gt14, I let it creep up the ramp and into the van -- that tractor will let you do that. Same thing with out, creep mode.

I generally find, with non running tractors like my B80 was, I can push or pull them up, no problem.  But, a winch is definitely the way to go.  It would make things easier for sure.

Speaking of more tractors, if I didn't think my wife would kill me, there are 2 near me for $150 take all that I want to get.  They don't run as they've been sitting, but we all know the drill on that.  Honey, I'm home....I brought, err ummm I mean bought some new 'friends' with me.  :D  Yeah, she'd kill me. lol

I'm not married so I don't have to "get approval"  Honestly my girlfriend of 12yrs says if I'm happy she's happy. She only asks 1 and only 1 thing of me......we go to church every week. That's it! I need it anyway....Lol!

Last November I had a she shed built for her & had it finished this past spring. She told me after her shed was completed I could get as many tractors as I wanted! 

Funny about the $150 tractor near you. There's 2 what I think are both 753s close to me too for $200. They look a bit rough but I have to imagine 1 working tractor could come out of it??? I'm just out of room in garage. Probably next spring/summer I may put up another shed. Thought bought just a regular storage shed but then I get thinking..... Maybe a shed with a loft & porch specifically for my tractors??? 🤔

Moparfanforever

If you have out of the way room in your yard ,tarps at WM or HF are pretty cheap. Yeah, a little trailer park trashy,but what the heck!! :ROTF:

Go get the 753's and cover them. If you don't, you will regret it. 

:thumbs:

Moparfanforever

You can build a shelf for the little tractors like the 753 for over/under storage. Lot's of pics on here of how people did it. 

ML3
29 minutes ago, Moparfanforever said:

You can build a shelf for the little tractors like the 753 for over/under storage. Lot's of pics on here of how people did it. 

I'm measuring & planning it out now in the garage. Better check my measurements tomorrow cause I been putting the beers down 🍺

• Excellent 1

ML3
37 minutes ago, Moparfanforever said:

If you have out of the way room in your yard ,tarps at WM or HF are pretty cheap. Yeah, a little trailer park trashy,but what the heck!! :ROTF:

Go get the 753's and cover them. If you don't, you will regret it. 

:thumbs:

Hmmm.......🤔

Now you got me thinking......

I can stash them behind garage & I won't have to see them at all! 

• Excellent 1