new to horses

312-8 ignition and charging

new to horses

I need to know which wiring diagram is for my tractor… I have a 312-8 model 73363. I need an ignition switch and need to know which peg should be labeled as what…

IMG_0064.png

172585154_p7-241996L-97312OMWiring.jpg.e64a69f335d17a58531d3e027447a619.jpg

Skwerl58

If it has the original switch it should have a connector that will let you unplug and plug all up at once. I am a beginner but  the second schematic has you covered with wire color and location. Someone with more knowledge should be along shortly with a switch number and info. Enjoy your tractor!

• Like 1

Achto
2 hours ago, new to horses said:

I need an ignition switch and need to know which peg should be labeled as what

The top diagram that you posted is for an engine with a battery powered ignition. (The engine has an automotive style ignition coil.)

The lower diagram is for a magneto ignition. (the ignition coil runs off from the flywheel.) This should be the correct diagram for you tractor, unless the engine has been changed. You will require a switch for a magneto coil, It must have an M and a G terminal on it. Your new switch will have letters stamped on to the terminals B-battery, G-ground, S-start, M-magneto, etc. If you are not buying a direct replacement, you may have to move the wires in your existing plug to match up with the new switch.

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 1

new to horses

What kind of solenoid do I need??

Edited by new to horses
Messed up

new to horses
5 hours ago, Achto said:

The top diagram that you posted is for an engine with a battery powered ignition. (The engine has an automotive style ignition coil.)

The lower diagram is for a magneto ignition. (the ignition coil runs off from the flywheel.) This should be the correct diagram for you tractor, unless the engine has been changed. You will require a switch for a magneto coil, It must have an M and a G terminal on it. Your new switch will have letters stamped on to the terminals B-battery, G-ground, S-start, M-magneto, etc. If you are not buying a direct replacement, you may have to move the wires in your existing plug to match up with the new switch.

What kind of solenoid do I need?? I need one of those too…

Edited by new to horses
Forgot

953 nut

Here is a bit of information that should help. You can get a new lawn mower solenoid at Home depot or lowe's as well as ant auto parts store.

• Like 1