Sign in to follow this  
ELMWOOD310-8

STUPID QUESTION

ELMWOOD310-8

hello all!

I have a 310-8 that I changed the oil for the 1st time the other day.

I used Castrol 10w30 , since then she's harder to start than usual and actually cut off while mowing....1st time I've had to push that heavy beast , I'm assuming that it had 30w before, could the 10w30 cause these problems?

baffled newbie

Rollerman

I don't think an oil change would cause the problems your describeing....unless it's not up to the correct fill level.

More than likely your ugly goat chewed the wireing. :thumbs2:

Double check your oil level, Pull the engine shroud & make sure all the fins are free of debris, Inspect all the ground connections on the tractor too.

Is it turning to slow to catch & fire or spinning free & flooding?

Duff

Well, lest we suggest you make "goat stew"....... :thumbs:

My guess would the changing of the oil and the onset of your problems are more coincidental than related to each other unless, as Stephen said, the oil level is way too low and the oil switch is killing the engine. How long had the tractor sat before you changed the oil? What was the condition of the most recent fuel you put in? Fresh or stale? When it cut out while mowing did it just quit, or sputter and lose power gradually? Have you pulled the spark plug to see what shape it's in? Has the carb ever been cleaned?

Depending on how your machine is set up, if there's an in-line fuel filter I'd check it. There's also a screen at the bottom of the fuel tank attached to the fuel shut off that can clog, but to check this you'd need to drain the gas and pull the shut-off out with its bushing. Short of that, I'd disonnect the fuel line somewhere near the engine and check to see if the fuel flows freely by gravity.

Again as Stephen suggested, I'd check all the grounds, in fact all the electrical connections, to be sure they're solid.

Let us know how it goes!

Duff :ychain:

EDIT: There are no stupid questions......maybe a few stupid answers, but without questions none of us are gonna learn nuthin'! :thumbs2: