Lane Ranger

702 and my spreader get a workout!

Lane Ranger

Used my 1962 702 and my lawn spreader to give the lawn a Fall weed and feed treatment.   Mowed first with my 314 and the recycling deck as leaves have already started to fall.   It has rained for seven hours straight today.  Light rain but much needed. 

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

IMG_7801.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Moparfanforever

702 looking good!!

• Like 1

Skwerl58

Great job! I hope to get my 1054 in shape so I can use it for the yard work minus mowing which I will do with my 414-8. We need the rain here in SWVA it is getting really dry and they say we are in drought conditions. A question about the drink holder, is it magnetic?

• Like 2

ri702bill

Excellent model to "show 'em can do" Wh early ability.... 

Is that "hammerhead " muffler a Husher????

Looks gerat.

Bill

• Like 1

Lane Ranger
4 hours ago, Skwerl58 said:

Great job! I hope to get my 1054 in shape so I can use it for the yard work minus mowing which I will do with my 414-8. We need the rain here in SWVA it is getting really dry and they say we are in drought conditions. A question about the drink holder, is it magnetic?

yes I have had that stainless bottle holder with magnetic bottoms for years.  Works pretty well-especially on hot days! 

Lane Ranger
3 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Excellent model to "show 'em can do" Wh early ability.... 

Is that "hammerhead " muffler a Husher????

Looks gerat.

Bill

no not a Shusher this one is a rare Nelson made similar to the Shusher.  I have a Shusher on my 701. 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

I had my welder make a front weight bracket for this weight I got in a pile of old metal at an auction.   Similar to a tombstone front weight but weighs more.  I need to have a 3/4 to one inch tab welded in each side of the weight frame.  That way it will ride on the front axle and the weight will be perpendicular to the front of the hood.

I did not do the best job measuring that when I gave the job to the welder.  But I am glad that happened as not I see the horizontal part of the front axle can have the frame rest on it while leveraging the front weight higher.  That is why the blue tape is on the side of the weight frame.

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

Handy Don
12 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

That way it will ride on the front axle and the weight will be perpendicular to the front of the hood.

Are you thinking that the weight will actually ride on the front axle? Wouldn’t that stop the axle from pivoting on uneven ground?

Lane Ranger
10 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Are you thinking that the weight will actually ride on the front axle? Wouldn’t that stop the axle from pivoting on uneven ground?

Don. the axle should still pivot in front but the frame of the weight mount will ride on it but still be free.    I could be wrong but will let you know what happens after I do it.

I could just drill two more holesin the tractor and weight frame but I jus did not want to do that.

Handy Don
13 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Don. the axle should still pivot in front but the frame of the weight mount will ride on it but still be free.    I could be wrong but will let you know what happens after I do it.

I could just drill two more holesin the tractor and weight frame but I jus did not want to do that.

I'm pretty sure there is already a hole on each side of the frame about 1-½” back from the front. It’s d**m tricky to get bolts with nuts in there, but a ⅜” rod the full width of the frame + bracket with R-clips on the ends would work (I think :confusion-shrug:) -- It does have to go rearward of the hood hold-down thumbscrew.

• Like 1