clueless

7-1211 Tiller?

clueless

Got a guy down here looking for the axle and pully brackets for the tiller he bought from some one. He sent me a picture of it, it's the old 7-1211 36" tiller from the late '60s. How difficult is it going to be to find the axle and pully brackets for it? I'm going to post it on the Wanted section?

sorry guys I guess I posted this 3 times, I thought I was deleting the second one but guess I added it again.

Edited by clueless

Racinbob

That's the exact tiller I used for years on my 76 'B'-160. It has a two belt drive that's a real pain. A bracket mounts to the frame directly in front of the transmission with a belt from that to the PTO. The second belt runs back to the tiller. You have to move the footrest out and install another belt guard on the right side of the tractor. That's not what I did. I used an idler pulley bracket from the later model tillers that mounts under the engine. Don't use the pulley setup that mounts in front of the transmission. Simply run a single belt from the PTO to the tiller like the later models. I have no idea what the length was. Here could be a catch that I didn't have to deal with. I had the older style axle bracket that was original to the tiller. You can still find them or Lowell has repops. 

#7345 Early Tiller Bracket - Wheel Horse Parts and More

Note the idler mounted on it instead of the tiller. I don't know if the later axle bracket will work. A big plus to used the old style bracket is that the rear slot hitch didn't have to be removed when you connected the tiller to it like the later tillers. A piece of bar stock with a short chain was put in the hitch to raise the tiller. The bottom line is that it was easier to install than the later tiller and MUCH easier than the original older style. 

Here's a shot of it tilling in some buckwheat on some heavy clay soil. I added that dirt flapper on the back of it. :)

1468356631_TillingBuckwheat.jpg.87f6a3f1bcc3e59b52628fdb2ffe951e.jpg

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2