Horse Without a Name

A Horse without a name.

Horse Without a Name

Hello, I am new on the forum. My Wife's dad left her an old Wheel Horse tractor that he loved dearly when he passed away. I had been trying to get some parts for it like a missing skid pad for the left side and a headlight panel with lights along with an ammeter. I quickly learned that on many of the parts websites, this particular model was not listed anywhere that I could find. The Tractor simply has a number 8, but every time I tried to look up parts for an 8hp WH, there was always a model name attached. When I looked at models in the drop-down menu's all of them had a name. So, I jumped on a couple of FB forums and quickly learned that there was a year (1973) that the Wheel Horse 8 had NO NAME... hence the user name I chose for the forum. In any event, the folks in the FB forums all recommended that I sign up here for the most information available on Wheel Horse tractors, even the ones without a name. If anyone can help me find the items I need, that would be a huge bonus. I would like to take the tractor to a tractor show that my wife and I have attended for many years. The first one is in November, so I have some time. Thanks for reading... Tractor-on. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

As you know the 1973 models were all known as No Names. Just by the number.  

I have a few from 1974 and 75. C series.  Very similar.  

That little 8 HP engine is excellent.  

Gobs of torque and sips fuel.  

gwest_ca

This link will take you to what we have.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/9-1973-1977/?sortby=file_name&sortdirection=asc

As soon as the first page opens click on the "Sort By" drop down menu on the right and select "Title"

Now the files reload in consecutive order.

You will see 8hp 4-speed with horizontal crankshaft

8hp 4-speed with vertical crankshaft

8hp 8-speed with horizontal crankshaft

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: and thanks for the story!  

Achto

:WRS:

If you can't find new parts, try posting in our wanted adds. Plenty of good folks here to help keep your :wh: running. 

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

Here is one source for a headlamp lens. 

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/98-1713-7075-103771-toro-wheel-horse-headlight-lens-with-decal/

Amp meters can be found on line, they are a common 2" meter. Best to find one with a -20 to +20 swing. A lot of us have switched to a volt meter instead.

• Like 1

Handy Don

Welcome to the Forum, always glad to here from folks interested in these machines.

I encourage you to practice your search skills. Posts here go back quite a few years and cover pretty much every WH tractor-related topic you can imagine and they can be found via Google (add wheelhorseforum.com as a search term).

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: