horseman with no horse

Belt guides are nice

horseman with no horse

I was so excited to get my speed horse moving after many a months of it sitting I kinda just kabobbled the thing together for testing. The second day I built it I got a little to trigger happy so to say turning the corner at high speed. I ended up getting a tank slap in my steering, tried correcting it and almost rolled the horse. Thank god I had the thought to hit my nice brakes before I rolled her. It wasn’t even till several hours later that I noticed I had severe belt burns from the lack of a belt cover/guide on the drive belt from my leg slamming on the belt. I was so thankful for not literally dying I guess I just didn’t notice. I guess it runs in the family though considering my grandpa did the same thing with his mini bike chain at my age. Even almost a complete year later I still have scars, apparently they stay with you. Lesson learned lol. I also noticed my hubs we hanging on by a thread when I got home too 🤦

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

953 nut

Thank you for serving as a bad example the rest of us can learn from.             :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Glad it wasn’t worse!  

• Like 1

8ntruck

You gained knowledge with that incident.  

Posting it here gives the rest of us a chance to gain some wisdom from your experience.

Glad things turned out OK for you.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1