MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

520-H plow lift issue

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Hello all. I wanted to make my plow work with down pressure as opposed to just floating. I made the long lift bar exactly as pictures in the photo here but it’s not even close to working no matter what hole I try to attach it to. The lift bar is hitting the steering shaft that runs to the front end. My tractor is a 90 or 91, no gear reduction steering. Is there a difference in the solid lift shafts for these models? If so please pass this info to me if not, what the heck am I missing?

IMG_4207.jpeg

• Like 1

lynnmor

Do you have the forward swept front axle on your tractor?  Do you have the special snow plow made for a 520 with the forward swept axle, or do you have the extension kit to adapt the standard snow plow?

• Like 1

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

I have the swept front axel. I believe the plow is for the 520, it came with it when I bought the tractor 2nd hand. I took a picture of the rear mount of the snow plow. Also including a pic of how the lift bar hits the steering rod near top of picture and doesn’t come close to attaching to the plow.

IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4210.jpeg

• Like 1

1995 520H+96+97

You are missing the part to connect the lift.

image.png.3aa17fe79d9e280075600d7e178e7122.png

• Like 1

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Is there a part number(s) of what I’m missing to be had? Maybe I can make it or buy it but some of those pieces look completely different than what I currently have.

is it the part on the extreme left of the picture that’s different than what I have. And illustrations with measurements of it availiable?

Edited by MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse
  • Like 1

Moparfanforever

Wheel Horse Parts and More sells the kit. Look in the classifieds here and they can help you out. 

I have one I purchased from them and it is very nice quality. 

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

@MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse ,

Looks like you are missing the piece in the very top illustration that looks like a”T”.

It is the piece that the chain hanging off of the screw eye attaches to.

The “top” of the “T” (round rod) shaped part goes into those two holes you can see in the top pic of post number 3, at the bottom of the transmission mounting plate at the back of the tractor frame.

• Like 1

Moparfanforever
7 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

@MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse ,

Looks like you are missing the piece in the very top illustration that looks like a”T”.

It is the piece that the chain hanging off of the screw eye attaches to.

The “top” of the “T” (round rod) shaped part goes into those two holes you can see in the top pic of post number 3, at the bottom of the transmission mounting plate at the back of the tractor frame.

I didn't think you needed that piece on that new of a tractor  ??

At least mine doesn't have it. 

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
24 minutes ago, Moparfanforever said:

didn't think you needed that piece on that new of a tractor  ??

At least mine doesn't have it

I could swear my 1984 Work Horse GT-1600 8 speed, and my 1994 520 H has it…

Let me go check…

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

@Moparfanforever ,

Yep the long “T” shaped bar is there on my 1984 Work Horse, 1994 520H, and I believe there’s one on my 1975 C-160 also…

I did not take a pic of the C-160 because it’s in my shop and I only went in the tractor building.

I did get wrong when I said the round rod part goes in those two lower holes on the transmission plate. The round rod goes in the two upper holes and actually through the frame and butts against the part of the transmission plate that wraps around the back end of the frame.

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1

Moparfanforever
19 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

@Moparfanforever ,

Yep the long “T” shaped bar is there on my 1984 Work Horse, 1994 520H, and I believe there’s one on my 1975 C-160 also…

I did not take a pic of the C-160 because it’s in my shop and I only went in the tractor building.

I did get wrong when I said the round rod part goes in those two lower holes on the transmission plate. The round rod goes in the two upper holes and actually through the frame and butts against the part of the transmission plate that wraps around the back end of the frame.

IMG_3076.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

Well DUH ,don't know what I was thinking, I guess I wasn't!!

You have to have that for the deck. 

• Like 1

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Thanks for the replies and the helpful photos. The kit seems very expensive since I really only need the 1 part. I may try to make one. Not even sure if it would help much. I plow a very steep uphill drive way. Even using the plow as a full floating setup causes easy spin outs even using 110 lbs of wheel weights and chains.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
8 hours ago, MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse said:

Thanks for the replies and the helpful photos. The kit seems very expensive since I really only need the 1 part. I may try to make one. Not even sure if it would help much. I plow a very steep uphill drive way. Even using the plow as a full floating setup causes easy spin outs even using 110 lbs of wheel weights and chains.🤷‍♂️

Maybe you could put a Wanted ad in our Classifieds…

• Like 1