WHMan2012

GT-14 Spring or No Spring ??

WHMan2012

I was cleaning up my GT-14 and came across this lever with a hole on the end of it, on the drive side of the transaxle and it looks like a candidate for a spring just not sure where to connect the other end to though. There is a bolt above it with a spring already on it, does it go there ? Any help is appreciated thanks.

** In the photo you'll see where my finger is pointing to, thanks ! **

IMG_2017.jpg

squonk

That lever is for the parking brake. when you push the drive engagement down the round piece on the  linkage pushes the lever down disengaging the brake. When you pull up on the drive lever the spring that goes in that little hole on that lever is supposed to pull that lever up to set the brake. I do not know where the spring is supposed to attach.

Treepep

1969 GT14.  Not a great picture but the spring attaches to the park brake idler bracket 

PXL_20230914_223104359.jpg

PXL_20230914_223125099.jpg

PXL_20230914_223246790.jpg

• Like 2

WHMan2012

Ok, so my spring just needs to be relocated from that bolt down to the lever then. correct ? Thanks for the help !

peter lena

@WHMan2012 noting your flat idler pulley , how does that move / function ?  those idlers are known for failure /  noise / rough  movement , could be a good time to replace it or  re grease it , also don't see any  lubrication stain / film  in the movement areas , like cross shaft support , pete