Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Vert6ical shaft customs.

combatmp29r

OK I guess I was off in my own little world :thumbs: Looking at the custom photo gallery today I realized that there are actually 3 custom vertical shafts in there. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the old Vertical shaft Commandos and Chargers have potential. Thanks TT and John (69DEZ) for the pics. Maybe it will wake up some of the non believers out there :thumbs::D :P

T-Mo

Joel,

I guess those vertical shafts are good for something after all. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rollerman

I park one beside a JD in the back 40 when I go shooting.

Does a nice job as a target prop........ :thumbs:

Just kidding Joel...I'd never do that to a JD.

pond195520032003

:P stephen, they are good for something, but i cant put my finger on it :thumbs: anyway about those pesky deere, i would say this would take care of them 14_6_5.gif:D :thumbs:

baerpath

Yup thats why them deeres are green and yellow Blend in with the grass and flowers :thumbs: Makes target practice more of a challenge :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Hmmmmm I think my post has gone south :thumbs:

69DEZ

Some people are just jealous. :thumbs:

baerpath

:thumbs: :thumbs::D:P

Sorry Joel

baerpath

I will say though in defense of down shafters. We have one that pulls in the club in the 20hp stock class, And does well (it's a Gilson) :thumbs:

Duane

combatmp29r

I know what you mean John :D:thumbs:

Duane I've heard of a few doing well in the pulls. Its the transaxles that are weak on the verts WH made. My commandos with the Unidrive have a very stout trans, but the ring and pinion just don't handle the abuse of pulling every weekend. They'll pull an 8" plow and cultivators with no issue, but not a 1000lb sled every weekend :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Most of the verticals around here are racers :P i have seen a couple dominate the track though :thumbs: Joel, in Wellston in the summer they have races about every weekend :thumbs: at the McAthur fair grounds they have pulls and races alot :D

combatmp29r

Really? I may have to make a trip over there to check it out. Never been to a race yet.