Ed Kennell

NOS Gas Can ?

squonk

I can't believe people have soo much trouble pouring gas! :rolleyes:

Big snowstorm. I'm out running a walk behind snow blower at work. I call the groundskeeper to bring me some gas. He comes with a new can and one of those EZ spouts shown on it. Tips the can, overflows the tank and now there is gas all over the hot engine , the snow blower and his shoes. Snow blower started smoking. I decided it was a good time to take a break and get some hot chocolate. I left it right in the middle of a parking lot where it had quit.  Boss called and asked why it was there. I told him if it blew up it would cause the least amount of damage there, :helmet:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

JoeM
16 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Great....Now to order some new decals for some of my cans.

Image result for piles of red gas can pics

Ain't going to work Ed, those cans are to old. looks like a couple were on the Mayflower? 

All kidding aside, those are real gas cans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

c-series don

I’m just a fan of the old Jerry Jug. Basic gas can, no fancy pour spout, vent that you can regulate. 

• Like 3

rmaynard

I have the same plastic can. 2-1/2 gallons. The paper label came off years ago, but it's still the best gas can in my collection. Only recently did I have to replace the rubber spout.

IMG_20230908_080619089_HDR.jpg.4b9d20d777d31e1255f6e84367e752b5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell
On 9/6/2023 at 10:25 PM, cafoose said:

got these no spill spouts from amazon

I do a little surgery to all my  High Tech Spring Loaded Self Sealing Guaranteed to Spill cans.    Just take the spout off, push the plunger, and break off the valve.

They keep showing up at the action for  free or 10 for a buck.

104_2327.JPG.a464399f4cb5de9dea79c6cad29e0229.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I have the same plastic can. 2-1/2 gallons. The paper label came off years ago, but it's still the best gas can in my collection. Only recently did I have to replace the rubber spout.

IMG_20230908_080619089_HDR.jpg.4b9d20d777d31e1255f6e84367e752b5.jpg

At first glance I thought that white bottle in the back said beer! :shock:  :lol:

• Haha 1

rmaynard
3 hours ago, squonk said:

At first glance I thought that white bottle in the back said beer! :shock:  :lol:

Bar oil. :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

ineedanother

I know it's a bit :offtopic:but these are the best I've ever had in my 60 years. They're short of $90 but Made in :flags-usa: so might be suitable for :wh: decals :D

NO-SPill-1.jpg

• Like 3

rjg854

I've been using this and it works really well, no spills and shuts off automagically.  Picture 1 of 12

• Like 4

squonk
22 hours ago, ineedanother said:

I know it's a bit :offtopic:but these are the best I've ever had in my 60 years. They're short of $90 but Made in :flags-usa: so might be suitable for :wh: decals :D

NO-SPill-1.jpg

I have the 2 gallon version. Wife and I went to a local dealer's open house. She decided to buy a tiller and she bought me the gas can so I wouldn't pout! :)

• Haha 3

953 nut
On 9/8/2023 at 8:45 PM, ineedanother said:

NO-SPill-1.jpg

That is what I have been using for the past half dozen years, best can in the world for filling tanks located under the seat. Around $ 25 for the 2 1/2 gallon size at Wally World.

• Like 2

lynnmor
On 9/9/2023 at 9:28 AM, rjg854 said:

I've been using this and it works really well, no spills and shuts off automagically.  

I have a tractor that has the fuel cap 5 feet off the ground in the middle of the hood, this fuel pump is about the only sensible way to fill it.

WHX??
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

That is what I have been using for the past half dozen years, best can in the world for filling tanks located under the seat. Around $ 25 for the 2 1/2 gallon size at Wally World.

:text-yeahthat: I have a couple.  

Edited by WHX??

ineedanother
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

And you can fill chainsaws or other 2S tanks at 12 or 16 oz without spilling just as well :thumbs: