Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

Deck compatibility early 1980's C101 10hp Kohler

Underdog

I purchased a Cyclone Rake for my Dad. These things are great for vacuming up the leaves in the fall. But his 1979 Wheel Horse is a C101 (model number 91-10K802) with a rear discharge mower deck (95-36MR00 - 36" Rear Discharge Mower) and the Cyclone rake needs a side discharge. I have a friend with a newer 37" two blade side discharge deck. The newer deck (model number 05-37SK01) and came off a 1989 tractor. Will this deck mount onto my Dad's C101?

At first glance it does not look to be compatible (the other deck is 200 miles away).

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Thanks.

TT

That deck should be one to fit a vertical shaft lawn tractor, so no - it won't work.

Even if it was the correct 37" two blade deck to fit a garden tractor you would have clearance issues with the left front tire on a tractor equipped with 8" front wheels and you would also need to install two V idlers on the belt tensioner instead of one flat and one V.

Underdog

That deck should be one to fit a vertical shaft lawn tractor, so no - it won't work.

Even if it was the correct 37" two blade deck to fit a garden tractor you would have clearance issues with the left front tire on a tractor equipped with 8" front wheels and you would also need to install two V idlers on the belt tensioner instead of one flat and one V.

Thanks. This makes sense. I will keep looking. Does anyone know if a 10hp Wheel horse C series will even pull a Cyclone Rake. The manufacturer recommends a 14hp minimum.

Underdog

what about this deck? Will this one fit my Dad's C10 ?

[url=http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/jmccollough/?action=view