Sign in to follow this  
Coors

520H Maintenance

Coors

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, it applies both to the engine and maintenance.

I have a wheel horse 520H and I want to change the oil and hyraulic oil. I look in my manual and it calls for "Hydrostaic Transmission requires 10W-30 premium quality MOTOR oil". I thought it was odd that the hydrostatic transimission didn't require hydualic oil.

My question is, if it requires 10W-30 motor oil, then why is the filter a hydrualic filter and not a oil filter??

Also, what type of oil would you guys/gals run in a 520H if you plan to mow in the summer and plow in the winter?

Also, I need new belts for the deck (blades and the one that runs to the PTO) does anyone have part numbers. I have searched on Toro.com and I can only find the main drive belt.

Thanks,

Jim_M

10W30 is the correct oil for the hydro, use a Wheel Horse filter.

I use 30W Shell Rotella diesel oil in the summer and 10W30 Rotella in the winter in my engines.

What size is the deck and what's the model number of the deck?

Coors

Thanks for the oil info Jim. My deck is 60", not sure on the model number. I can get it tonight when I am home.

nylyon

Check the links sticky at the top of this forum it contains links to parts sources as well as the lubrication chart posted above.

:thumbs2:

Coors

Thanks for the oil info Jim. My deck is 60", not sure on the model number. I can get it tonight when I am home.

I looked at my deck. The serial numbers were painted over. All I know is it is a 60in deck???

Bow_Extreme

I don't have the belt numbers but any toro dealer could tell you this information. The 60" deck is very specific to the deck belt and the I believe the drive belt is the same for all the decks but I could be wrong. I could call the toro dealer this morning and find out though.

The hydro filter is there because it's a hydro. The hydro is running much higher pressures than the engine therefore a hydro filter is required. A standard oil filter would not perform the same.

I usually run Shell Rotella Oil in the 520H. It seems to perform better than most and seems to last longer under mild abuse.