Sign in to follow this  
ryan2121

First Horse I Need some help

ryan2121

Ok my grandpa just gave me my first Wheel Horse it was crowding up his garage and wanted it gone. I am wanting to do a full restoration but I need some help with a few things. It is a 1976 C-120 8 speed. Is the International red a good color to go with, and what about wheels do they get white or is it a type of off white? And also the wheel weights are these even actual WH weights if so what color do they get. I see on my dash panel it has a switch for electric clutch would this be off of another model or is this the correct dash? I would appreciate any info or tips you could give me, and im sure ill have more questions along the way. thanks

C-Series14

First off welcome! Second, you have an awesome tractor! Third, I will give my opinions and then others will improve on them!!! :thumbs2:

Alot of folks use International Red. If you check out the restoration or in progress section, there will be tons of info. I use Krylon Banner Red. The wheels were Linen Beige back in the day. I used Krylon Gloss Ivory on my C-195 restore. If you check a couple posts down, I posted pics of my WH wheel weights and I used Krylon Antique White. Krylon Almond is another close one. Is there an actual switch there or just a spot marked for it?

ryan2121

There is a button in the hole which is hooked up to a horn so im not sure if there was ever an actual switch for the clutch. And how do i post pics?

gwgdog66

:thumbs: That is a good tractor :thumbs2:

ryan2121

some pics of what I got

WHfrontleft.jpg

rightside.jpg

Front.jpg

ryan2121

Weights

Frontweight.jpg

attachments

Mower.jpg