Sign in to follow this  
tvr383

1978 auto 18 few questions.

tvr383

HI,

I JUST ACQUIRED A AUTOMATIC 18 WHEELHORSE.iTS IN GOOD SHAPE AND INTEND TO PUT IT AT WORK FIRST WITH A GRASS MOWER.I do have a mower ,dont know the name brand of it but by its size it should fit under the wheelhorse.Now the tractor does have two pulleys engaging through a manual activated clutch system but does not have the front pulleys deflector rollersystem that deflects the belts from vertical to horizontal position.. Checking ebay for parts I see there is possibilities for two different power transmitting devices and I am not sure wich one is meant for my tractor?! One is called mule something while the other is matic someting...sorry for the imprecisions but dont remember exactly how they are called!Anyway could you educate me some on the one or various device(s) I might need to adapt a mower ,belly type I mean?

Also i can figure I will mostlikely need a belt tensioning system of some sort...is this already installed on the tractor or is it rather attached to the attachement?

HOW YOU GUYS SEE THE PROJECT OF FITTING AN ODD BRAND MOWER TO THIS TRACTOR6 I MEAN i can work metal ,CUTTING,FITTING,WELDING0 but wonder if it wouldn't BE SO EASYIER FINDING THE RIGHT MOWER FOR IT! BY THE WAY WICH MOWERS MODEL NUMBER SHOULD FIT RIGHT ON THIS TRACTOR?

another QUESTIONNING IS ABOUT pto AND 3 PT SYSTEM.My tractor has not neither a rear PTO neither a 3PT system..can it be adapted? Big job and rare parts?

thanks,

Ronald.

Jim_M

The mule drive mounts in the front attachment hitch right below the two pulleys on the front of the engine. The belt tensioner for the deck is under the right foot board.

I don't have a d series with a deck on it right now but if you do a search on this sight you'll probably find a picture of what you're looking for. I posted some pictures once that probably show what you need.

The 3 point is easy to mount on the tractor, the pto is a little more time consuming but not that bad.

There are pto's and 3 point setups floating around out there. Post a want ad in the classifieds and see what happens.

C-Series14

3 pt. on EBay right now...

tvr383

Guys I have to say thanks...I had a look at this 3pt..looks good but apart building a complete all wistle and bells tractor I have to check my priorities about my intended uses!

thanks again,

Ron.

Wheel Horse Fan

So did Wheel Horse or another company make a 3-point for these tractors or is it only a custom job?

tvr383

So did Wheel Horse or another company make a 3-point for these tractors or is it only a custom job?

wheelhorsefan,

From the little knowledge I recently gathered I believe there was a 3pt system specifically built by wheelhorse ,at least for my 18 auto and the following D 160,180,200 models.Can't remember wich web site but lets you try here forum at the attachments sections for pictures of it.

Ron.