drewaldrich1986@gmail.com

My First WheelHorse

drewaldrich1986@gmail.com

I just got this! The way it is now... No idea where to start. It rolls over, but no spark. New coil, installed by previous owner. The shifter is redone with welded chain and doesn't seem to shift in to gear (freewheels all the time). Any advice is appreciated. I think this will be a fun little toy once i get the kinks worked out.RedTracter1.png.b367354f996da8cfcaa31af99bacad3f.pngRedTracter.png.088cf47bbe0e31fabac38e8ca152c9f7.png

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I just hauled through Lansing!

F946A2F8-C022-4BFF-BA3D-392EF8E60830.jpeg

• Like 1

ri702bill

Drew - Welcome!!

Seems to me the PO liked their welder more than their tractor.......:(

Undo the ugly as you go, get her going, enjoy the ride....

• Like 2

peter lena

@drewaldrich1986@gmail.com  DREW , talk about the twilight zone ! should be able to pick up needed used parts , would unbolt that hood mess at the used to be dash , swap the steering wheel . if you can find any related ! D # S, TAGS , you might even find out what this was . find any I D . could lead you to an electrical scematic drawing . some one might jump in , with other ideas . pete

• Like 1

Handy Don
6 hours ago, drewaldrich1986@gmail.com said:

get the kinks worked out.

I dunno. That is one kinky machine. May be better to adapt to it instead of trying to make it adapt to you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ri702bill
7 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I dunno. That is one kinky machine. May be better to adapt to it instead of trying to make it adapt to you.

Not sure how to reply to that...... If he NEEDS a working tractor, got it for cheap, maybe cut his loss and flip it in favor of getting a "better start" Or. maybe not... Sad part is there may be more kinks than original tractor left.... My two cents... (We as a group usually look on the bright side here, and appreciate original equipment, not "original one off modifications" - but ther ARE exceptions - @wallfish - his work is rather unique and always done well.....).

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1

ri702bill

Drew - I have a question as to just what the PO's intended use was for your tractor. Pulling tractor? Rock climber or off road only?? Your answer will help us to better reply if you have questions along the way...

wallfish

:WRS:

To be honest, I like the hood hinge idea but those hinges need to be moved to the underside of the metal so you don't see the whole thing. Adding a gas spring, like the back hatch or trunk on a car will be better than propping it up with a piece of metal or wood or anything else. Even a more permanent prop rod just so it doesn't get knocked out would be sufficient.  Is that a good latch on the front?

That steering wheel will probably be pretty hard on the hands and the 4 way wrench should be taken off and used for any trailer lugs or something. Nothing wrong with trying to make something your own IMO :twocents-02cents:

Best to get'r running 1st and test it out then you can determine what stays and what goes over time.

Spark---The small cover on the front under the carb and fuel pump covers the points. Those contacts on the points tend to oxidize over time and it stops them from making good connectivity contact. Clean the 2 surfaces of those point's contacts, Also check for 12v + power on the + side of the coil when the key is in the run position. Then give it a shot and check for spark.

Don't run it too long without an air cleaner

Thanks @ri702bill for the kind words. But I'm still half butcher! :lol:

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Very unique!

Make a great rat rod as is... just get it running, add a seat, cup holder... :twocents-twocents:

ri702bill
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

But I'm still half butcher! :lol:

Meat Cutter!!!

Monstrosity

Welcome to the forum! We have the answers and there is no stupid question.... well there maybe a few lol. Beware of purists JK 😜 in the end its your machine you'll have to live with your choices or just create more work for yourself in the future lol. But I don't believe that lug wrench does much good glued to the hood. You'll definitely find the parts your looking for here and once you find the model you can go deeper into the free manuals that you can download and print!

I'll put in a guess that it's a C125 from the 80s it has a shaker motor mount and has electrical safeties in the original harness... but who knows if they have been bypassed...

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 1

c-series don

That little lever near where your right knee would be needs to get pushed down to engage the belt for the transmission or else it won’t move. Since I see it has hydraulic lift it is originally either a C-145 or 165, the C-125 came with a manual lift. Good luck with it!! 

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: